• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let the 780 Ti Planning Begin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No worries. I've needed to double check that myself numerous times.

So I have ALMOST everything picked out. I'm not gonna post a complete list until I know EVERYTHING.

Next topic... FANS! I will not be redoing all the fans in my build because my current ones are solid. I may replace the Cooler Master front 230mm biggie I'm using as a front exhaust because it just doesn't feel like it's doing too much. My top rad will remain with the Akasa Vipers in a push/pull, my case side fans will remain with the Swiftech Helix. I have two Swiftech 8-way PWM splitters in play. One for the top rad, another for the case side. I will be adding 1 or two more Swiftechs in the inside of the case to help move air forward through the case, these additions will be linked to the case side 8-way splitter so they operate at the same speeds as the side. No issues here.

Here is where a slight question comes in. I ordered 4 GT AP15s of which 3 will be used for the rear radiator and 1 for the rear case intake. I know these are not true PWM, but there are voltage mods to allow some control. To what extent can you control the speed of an AP15 and what is needed to allow some flexibility? 3-pin to 4-pin adapters, etc? I'd like to get another Swiftech 8-way PWM splitter, but I don't think it would work with the AP15 3-pins.

Here is a link to the Swiftech 8-way. The only difference between this and the two I currently have is that they are the Molex power connector ones, not SATA. PWM setup is identical between the two.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...ml?tl=g47c17s240&id=Isag7FMv&mv_pc=4906#blank

Back