• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LF laptop recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorePower!

Right now I have an asus bargain basement laptop that runs on a celeron processor. It is quite slow. I'm looking for recommendations for a laptop under 400$ that is "snappy" when you start simple programs like chrome. I plan on writing code on it as well as email youtube and simple applications. No gaming on this thing.

Curious what the best laptops are around the 400$ price point. Thanks.

For this price range... heres what I like to do.

You can get an i7m, 8+gb ram, and an SSD with windows 10 for ~300$... but you gotta buy a refurb. I get elite books from HP; they seem to provide the best bang for the buck. I've been doing this for years, they seem to last about 2 years; but since its a laptop, thats not really gonna change much anyway.

Just some food for thought. Newegg has some pretty solid deals. For instance, this notebook will absolutely crush anything even close to it in the new price range.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RB6ME7089

Back