• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li O11 G1 Distro Plate Pump Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesfritchie

i just recently had someone finish a full EKWB custom water loop.

Once i received my build, and fired it up i noticed that the pump on the distro plate wasn't flowing all that much water.

I'm using the new EK Loop Connect to control fan speed, RGB, and pump speed.

Unfortunately, no matter what i do to adjust the pwm speed, the pump stays on a low speed and doesn't also show an rpm speed.

I also tried to connect the pump to the pump header on my mobo and the pump stays on the very low setting and hardly moves any fluid.

Do y'all have any clue what might be the problem?

Maybe i just have a bad pump?

Are you using the EK software that goes with the Loop Connect? When you connected to the pump header on the motherboard are you adjusting it in the BIOS? Is it set to PWM or DC?

Is there a problem with overheating because of this? Have you checked thermals while putting the system under load? If the pump is setup in such as way to respond to temperatures then unless the temperature exceeds certain thresholds then it will run slowly.

Please give us more particulars about the components in your system, especially the water loop components and the CPU and motherboard. Is the EK loop being used to cool just the CPU or both the CPU and the GPU?

As Z indicated, the speed of pumps and fans can be controlled either by raising and lowering voltage (DC for Direct Current) or by keeping the voltage amount constant (12 volts) but switching it off and on in pulses of various lengths (PWM for Pulse Width Modulation). PWM allows for much lower "stall" speeds than DC.

Last edited:
The fans are being controlled with EK's Loop Connect harware and software.

I've tried to set 100% PWM speeds via the Bios of my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII WiFi and via Loop Connect software when the pump is connected to the Loop Connect hardware module.

The pump attached to the distro plate is a 3.1 ddc pwm pump, of it matters.

Nothing i do to get the pump to speed up works, it just runs at minimum pwm speed.

i just recently had someone finish a full EKWB custom water loop.

Did they just put the loop together or did they also install it? Is there a warranty connected with this build? Can you take the system back to them and say, "Please fix this issue?"

Back