• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li or Antec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is it possible to mod either of the cases mentioned to accomodate two 120mm fan intakes in the front? I bet it would be possible if you simply moved the hard drive bay out and moved your hard drives to the 5.25" bays, which is better for air flow anyway. Which case would be easier to mod into have dual front 120mm intakes? Then I would put a top 120mm fan. Then maybe a straight duct on the side. That would be a nice case.

I would rather cut a hole on the side panel and position a high CFM rating 120mm fan there to bring cool air in than putting fans on the front panel.

THIS CASE LOOKS GOOD

But this case does have some downsides. BTW i wudnt wana mod this case too. Read the review

Last edited:
CGR said:
There is an Antec case.. SLK3700SMB or something like that which has all features you could want, except the MB tray, however it has front and rear 120mm fans.

Thats what puts it above the Lian Li to me.

I have this case. it's great. A 120mm intake and exhaust. Very good airflow and quiet cause the 120's spin slower

I have a PC-65 and a generic Antec tower, and I like both. They are both roomy cases. The PC-65 has a nicer look (I think) and plenty of airflow with 2x80mm intakes in the front, 2x92mm intakes in the side (window), 1x80mm exhaust, 1x120mm exhaust (blowhole) + PSU exhaust. It's also quite a bit lighter than the Antec. It's nice and easy to cut into as well, which is nice for modding. The Antec also has good airflow, with 3x80mm intakes (1 front 2 back), plus 3x80mm blowholes in the top, and the PSU. It's a much more tank-like construction, but the steel is harder to cut.

billstuck said:

I have this case. it's great. A 120mm intake and exhaust. Very good airflow and quiet cause the 120's spin slower

I have both my 120's on the fan only connectors, gonna see how louder/cooler it gets if i put them full power on a regular connector.

It probably will come down to size. I bought two Lian Li PC-6X's because they were so functional and good looking. I'm watercooling now, however, and they run out of space fast.

I would say look to the Lian Li first, but if it doesn't give you something you think you'll need that another mid-tower can, you should go with the more functional one.

CGR said:

I have both my 120's on the fan only connectors, gonna see how louder/cooler it gets if i put them full power on a regular connector.

The Antec fan that comes with the case is very loud when plugged into full power. It also moves a ton of air. I hooked it up to a speed controller to turn it down.

Rickster said:

THIS CASE LOOKS GOOD

But this case does have some downsides. BTW i wudnt wana mod this case too. Read the review

Why wouldn't you want to mod it? A friend of mine has that case. I put a 120mm in back, and cut out a spot for one in front.

IMO Tom's Hardware has no clue what they're talking about. Cramped? It's at least an inch wider than the "average" case. Who cares about the lack of a reset switch?

My only problem with it is that the opposite side panel is riveted in place.

lian li makes a great case, not only are they light as hell, but there is tons of room. what I like is that they are wider and deeper than most cases out there. My brother has an antec full tower, and its REALLY cramped, and cable management is non-existant, but in my Lian Li, they have space behind the motherboard tray (which is also removeable in all the lian li mid towers) so that you can put all your extra cables back there and out of the way. there is also alot of room for hard drives.

OH OH, lian lis have GREAT airflow. you can easily mod a 120mm, or a 92mm into the top of the case for some extra exhaust.

NavyDood said:
Personally I love these cases in the aluminum flavor. Very easy to add 120mm fans to it.

11-125-220-02.JPG

Personally I do not like the look of them lol, which goes to show it is all about personal opinion really. I would rather have a nice clean looking Lian-Li than (what looks to me to be) cheap chunky molded plastic vents.

RangerJoe said:
if EVERYONE didnt have antecs, i would like them alot more....

To me Antec = functional. Lan Li = Sexy.

I went with the Antec for budget reasons and well no one sees my machine except for me.

Hey it's a good thing everyone has Antec..Good quality products ;)

The PC 60 is just plain lookin to me. My Antec has a really nice finish on it that reflects. Much nicer than dull aluminum hehe.

11-112-024-11.JPG

looks pretty good to me. alum might be dull. but it doesnt weigh 30 lbs.

we are talking about the PC65......

Back