• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Light Overclock on my HTPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribblesnort

c2quad.png

I don't think I'll be using Real Temp anymore as the values it reads are wayyy off from what the other programs read.

Tried to sell those 4870s for $50 each in the want ads at work and got no takers. Oh well...I'll keep 'em til the 5000 series comes out.
Yay for my passively cooled Scythe Musashi coolers :bday:

HTPC = Home Theater PC

This is the machine I use to watch TV with (and sometimes 2-box in EQ2) so I wanted something that would serve as an Entertainment PC to play movies and music and PVR, and the like, but let me do some gaming as well in case my main gaming machine died.

Gaming is important enough for a super-powered backup computer, huh? Usually when people call something an HTPC, they mean something low-powered and quiet. Like an Atom 330 with an HD 4650 or something.

I know what is an HTPC ... btu a QUAD9650 HD4870 isnt an HTPC for 99% of the population ;)

Back