• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Hybrid HTPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribblesnort

YOUR PICS ARE AT IMAGE SHACK UNDER clintm12 password is XXXX Sorry, I can't leave this password posted as it would be way to easy for someone to sub in something like goatse and I'd have to perm-ban you.

Please ask for a PM of the password if really needed. - muddocktor, Forum Moderator

Okay this is my second installation of a Scythe Musashi cooler on a Radeon HD4870.

Here's the Musashi

Disassembly:

Nekkid Video Card Pr0n!

Bah! This complicated! Me wanna SMASH!!@

Me feel better

Here's what the heatsinks that came with the kit look like test-fitted

Here it is installed on the card.

I did not attach the 100x100x12 fans that to the card. It is sitting in the top-most PCI-Express slot of my ABS Black Pearl case, so the twin
120mm fans that take air into the case are blowing air right on it. PAssive cooling FTW!

Bottom card runs at 42°C (8°-10° HIGHER than in my old Xclio case)
Top card runs at 45°C passively-cooled.

Not bad for an HTPC that's as quiet as a DELL, LOL!
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=11844018

Some more pics of the system

750GB RAID0 and 1.8TB of RAID 5 storage, YUMMY!

Had to bend a few fins on the Chipset Heatsink in order to get my Core Contact Freezer to fit right

Xfire goodness

Now all I need to do is finish the mirrored plexiglass plate that covers up the wires and the motherboard tray...

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW that is a throwaway account at image shack so feel free to use it

just dont change my pics to teh pr0n, LOL

Back