• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Limit Problem overclocking with Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and i5 3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ibramoussadi

Hello guys! I'm new here I think that I can learn a lot from you about OC.

But first things first, I have a huge problem with this motherboard now, everything was OK before but the 2.7 update seems to have messed up all with my overclock settings, now some settings of the cpu oc tweaker are missing (aditional turbo volatge,internal PPL, among others) and I cannot seem to find them.

But the biggest problem now is that now I can't even overclock , there is like a virtual limit for the multiplier up to 38. So even if I write a higher value it wont let me and it reverts back to 38, it's super weird. So I end up being stuck at 38.

I have tried to clearing the cmos from the back but no use, tried also to downgrade the bios and no change at all. Currently I'm running 2.2 bios version. Also I have the disable turbo unticked in real temp.
Even tried to OC with AXTU and nothing, there a limit of 3.8 there aswell... :(

I have an unlocked Ivy bridge i5 with a asrock z77 extreme4.

I hope someone can help me please, because I've already wasted to much time to try to fix it....

How did you update the BIOS online? I would flash it again, first after loading optimized defaults, then using either Instant Flash from within the EUFI or from a thumb drive.

There an option that enables you to flash online with this motherboard, internet flash.
I have reflashed it and yet nothing has happened... Same as before, cpu limit still there.... :(

I used instant flash with a usb drive and since it didnt work out I flashed again with the usb drive but this time inside the bios menu. I think its the same.

Im have been told also to try to take the battery out so now I'm trying to take it out after I will do what you say.

Nothing has worked so far... I'm starting to lose my faith in this... It seems the problem si not flashing nor reseting with cmos or battery.

Any ideas please? Some one who has gone through this problem?

My guess is that the motherboard thinks that my cpu is locked (not k version) but is just a guess. But it is very strange since last week all was working flawlessly and in the bios it figures the version of my cpu correctly.

Nothing has worked so far... I'm starting to lose my faith in this... It seems the problem si not flashing nor reseting with cmos or battery.

Any ideas please? Some one who has gone through this problem?

My guess is that the motherboard thinks that my cpu is locked (not k version) but is just a guess. But it is very strange since last week all was working flawlessly and in the bios it figures the version of my cpu correctly.

sorry to hear this !i may be of help! i have the same exact problem pretty much as you do i ended up having to result to rma but please feel free to read through my thread i opened recently for ideas

who knows maybe we can both find a solution!

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723411

Does your Turbo work? I would check that.

if his problem is the same as mine which i think it is then it probably doesnt. nothing involving OC works. like for instance in the AI suite 2 feature on asus mobos for mine there is nothing on there, no features except the bios update page. its like all the "goodies" has been erased from all the components minds like some huge conspiracy. and i have been doing a lot of research on this .a lot of people have this problem and it is EXTREMELY frustrating. you have commented in my thread that i opened if you look there we pretty much went over all possibilities and i have a feeling that even getting a new board wont help me. i almost want to blame it on the intel

Back