• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lines appear all over screen when both sticks installed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bump.guys at store seem to be having trouble getting the antec truepower 550w in stock.they said one of their wholesalers had 50 in stock but went to -20 overnight! also my venice and raptor potentially could still be faulty and one of my two 512mb sticks of ocz gold pc4000 r2 memory may be dead, still hasnt been tested just yet.

Last edited:
ya know I somehow knew it was that PSU, dont get me wrong Thermaltake makes some AWESOME cases and fans, but they arent who you should stick to for PSUs, my vote is always for Fortron, they never fail, glad you did find the problem though :p

P.S. They may use the same circuit board but diff brands use diff voltage techniques, it could very well be faulty capacitors/transistors, because no 2 PSUs are truly identical, Im deff no PSU expert, but sounds to me like he wanted to shut you up and get ya outta the store... BTW (even 2 PSUs same name brand and model numbers don't run truly the same... kinda like AMD chips some get 2.8ghz out of a AthlonXP mobile while some only get 2.3 its luck of the draw...

Last edited:
RAMMAN said:
but only a weak psu could explain the abnormal 3dmark scores im seeing.the 15k in 01 shows my venice is performing like a 1.3 celeron! the 7k in 03 is under par but is most likely cpu limited when compared to the 01 score!

That don't sound like the PSU unless there's throttling. That sounds more like a driver problem, such as forgetting to install the AGP driver.

And that sucks for a Radeon X800 Pro to perform like a Radeon 9500 Pro!!! :argue: :bang head

he says it happened when he first booted up his computer, he would see those lines, driver doesnt explain it because when you start up drivers arent what runs it, its just the standard VESA driver, or hardware driver... so i would say no go on the drivers... If he noticed it when first bootin up and it had trouble with the PSU at start it would deff explain those scores...

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out my venice is the most power-starved component of the lot.everything from those really low amp ratings on the +12v and +3.3v rails of the thermaltake psu to the occasional cpu crashes to those 3dmark scores prove my point.faulty hardware alone wouldnt run through a whole benchmark and give a really low score like that :bang head .i just hope the reason its losing windows whenever it crashes is due to the raptor to not receiving enough power on the +12v line and not a faulty hd.btw those low scores were obtained with 5.7 cat,s because the omegas caused windows errors :shrug: .and only time will tell just why my computer didnt boot with both sticks installed :temper: .if i dont have a working rig sometime next week ill raise hell :mad: !

Last edited:
ok I got ideas. If you think the ram is problem, test each stick seperately. If you think the psu is at fault, test a high end psu. I had the same problems, the antec 430w psu fixed that. I flashed the bios then dual channel worked, before it wouldnt post. If your still having problems, id blame the motherboard. I know a bunch of people with the msi k8n neo2 and they all had issues. Ive been told only 1 in 5 of those works properly. Id upgrade to a proper motherboard such as the gigabyte I own. You can also go nf4.

rig is now 100% stable thanks to the 1.A official bios.01 score is now 19932.both sticks of ram are running together right now but in single channel, ddr333 and 2t.and the stick in slot 1 appears to have damaged contacts.

Last edited:
you are still having big ram issues thats why your 3dmark 2001 score is below 20k. Resolve the issues and get win2k and youll be near 30k if not 30k :) Your scoring much less than your old p4, this isnt right :(

its way too much of a hassle to change OS.and i could think of much better ways to spend that kind of money(faster ram comes to mind.)however i could send the bad stick back to ocz then with just the one stick i could try 1t and if the htt will go high enough than i might be able to get the ram up to its stock speed :) .if not than i might be better off to force 1:1 ratio on it by using athlon64 tweaker.of course ill have to move the sata cable to either ports 3 or 4 because ports 1 and 2 dont have pci locks on them :bang head .i really dont think 30k is in it more like 26k+ because 30k would require a significant vid card oc and that just isnt going to happen on this card nomore.

Last edited:
just benched 01 again and got 20136.i didnt change a thing.here are the results:

car low: 262.8
car high: 84.2
drago low: 366.8
drago high:195.0
lobby low: 225.6
lobby high: 98.0
nature: 202.0

Last edited:
I got 26.7k with my a64 and 9800pro so your score is seriously out of whack. That nature score looks ok but your car high is less than what I get with my a64 at stock 3000+ speeds :( heck even my old athlonxp overclocked beat that!

yeah its even dragging down my 03 score :( .the 1st game test wings of fury is a good 80fps below that of my highest score.can you tell from those 01 scores weather its the ram or cpu causing these low scores? trouble is, because the ram has a spd of pc4000 not pc3200 the mem clock defaults to 166 on this mobo even though the mem divider is clearly set to 200 in bios :-/ .and i cant run dual channel without replacing the stick in slot 1.mind you, this ocz dual channel kit will be rmaed sometime.and just how big a boost can 1t mode give in 01?

Last edited:
once you get proper ram you should get near 30,000 marks because your cpu owns a p4, its your ram thats eating 1/3 of your performance!

Back