• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Link case fan to GPU temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidArrogance

I have a 120mm fan hooked up to a chassis fan header on my mobo (sabertooth z77). I would like this fan to increase in speed as my GPU increases in temp.

Apparently Fan Xpert 2 does not work with the this mobo. I've tried Asus' Thermal Radar but either it doesn't work or I'm not doing it correctly. Now I'm trying SpeedFan but when I open it it shows no fans? There is also no configuration file for my motherboard to download for SpeedFan.

What am I doing wrong or what other options do I have? Thanks peeps! :salute:

Two words for you... Fan Controller (w/temperature probes). Seeing as how the GPU's temp sensor isnt read by the motherboard, seems impossible (though I have trouble thinking outside the box.. ha!) to have the fan speed change that.

Given you use GTX670, I assume you either using PrecisionX or GPU Tweak?

it is possible to write a program that reads off PrecisionX's temp probe of the GPU and hack it into Fan Curve for SpeedFan. I have a rig that does EXACTLY that, but it is an 'ugly' hack, nothing I am proud of. In fact, programmers will probably laugh at my work there.

On a stock level, probably tougher to be done, like Earthdog says, having a Fan Controller will probably the 'cleanest' way to do so.

U using Fan Xpert from ASUS?
if you 'want' to try it, you can try to edit the temp probe reading from the program. I know they lump CHA_1 CHA_2 (and CHA_3 if you have it) together, under the name CHA_FAN. but I am uncertainty can you separate each fan without breaking too far into the program. ah well, worth a try, worse comes worst, uninstall and reinstall the program.

Back