• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linksys Firewall Password?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabkicks

For some reason I now need a password to access my firewall's interface/menu. I have no idea what the password is. What do I do? I use a linksys router that I guess has a built in firewall. I made some changes a while ago to free up some ports... but I dont remember assigning a password.

The default for Linksys is no username, and a password of Admin.

If that fails, you can reset the router with the little button in back, but you'll have to redo any custom configuration you did.

I believe the default values for linksys are
username=admin
password=admin

and like Slackfumasta said, if that fails and you cant get into your router you will have to reset it by holding in the reset button untill the lights blink but you will lose all customization on it.

yup, password and username are admin, thx. :beer: Now... i just gotta figure out how to free up a port for Emule. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere on this forum. :beer:

try reading the manual for setting up ports..lol and you cant really "free up" a port if you are using all of the port forwarding slots.

Back