• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux on Surface Pro 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Hey guys,

I've had my Surface Pro 2 for a few years now, and still love it! I've been away from the computer building/F@H/OC'ing for a few years now (damn life and that thing called money). After restarting the ol' degree up, I'm now in a computer class that is musing my interest in my old hobby. So... I was just messing around in search of Linux on a Surface Pro 2-- thinking the computer has been out for a while, and there is good forum based activity/blogs/tutorials, and even better drivers/distros today for this great touch screen tab-top. Turns out, most of my searching has yielded older web sites from 2014/2015...

SO, after all that aforementioned banter-- anyone experienced and happy with Linux on a Surface Pro (2 preferably)? If so, do you have links to some up-to-date tutorials and various ways of running Linux on it? (organic install, or VMWare)... Of course, I will start messing with it in VMWare as I research, but don't hurt to read up on other's quirks for install, and their troubleshooting solutions to them.

Thank you all!

I know there has been great success for Arch on the Surface 1 thru 3. I dont have one of these devices, you can write in to the Ask Noah Show (http://www.asknoahshow.com/) I know that the host has a Surface running Linux but i dont know which generation

Last edited:
Thank you for that link-- I like the tech vids! Also found a good reddit that has a surface following... Thanks again!

Back