• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid cooling Asus turbo gtx 1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

artur.noole

So I have a bit of a problem. I recently bought a Alphacool Eiswolf 120 to liquid cool my Asus Turbo card. Yesterday I installed it and initially everything looked OK but when I try to run Cinebench the temperatures of the card are well under control but I get only about 1/2 of my original OpenGL score compared to the stock cooler. Could this be because I no longer have a fan connected to the GPU header as my radiator fan is powered through motherboard as is the pump? I have jet to try reinstalling the stock cooler to see if I damaged something but as the GPU seems to be booting OK I cannot think what could have I damaged? I also tried running a game and initially it looked OK as well but then the frame rate started to drop to 30-40 range and this is definitely not normal compared to what I was seeing with stock cooler. Jet again temperature of the GPU looks OK. Just looking for any advice to troubleshoot as I am quite noob in the liquid cooling world.

What do you have cooling the VRAM and power section of the card?

Back