• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooling temp questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sometimes the rating of the fans are not correct, make sure to do research on the fans. I try and always stay away from noname ones.

Panaflos are great, but only if you need some serious CFM, or you could even go larger with Denki which are totally not needed in your setup. If you still want to try some fans, would just get some cheap $5 yates from jab-tech and try them out see if there is a difference.

I know a lot of people who buy LED fans, and sacrifice color and look over performance.

Good luck.

get rid of that FluidXP. that stuff is some of the worst stuff you can put in your watercooled system.

use distilled water with a mixture of anitfreeze and some anti corrosion.

also your temps arent that bad, 32 idle and 50load is actually pretty good. i'm getting 32-34 idle and 48load. my cores go upto 52-55C load. i would not be dissapointed with those loads. isnt your proc. 125W?

Last edited:
FluidXP isnt really as bad as you make it sound. Yes it cools worse then distilled water but only a couple of C. It also is fairly non-conductive. At least its more non-conductive then distilled water.

Also after adding anti-freeze/ anti-corrosion stuff to the loop I believe the gain is negated. I could be wrong about that though

At least its more non-conductive then distilled water.
Just as a heads up, distilled water is not conductive.

I've had issues with FluidXP, it looked cool and worked, but my MCP655 literally sheared the stuff. This caused the coloring to separate and coat the entire loop.

FluidXP isnt really as bad as you make it sound. Yes it cools worse then distilled water but only a couple of C. It also is fairly non-conductive. At least its more non-conductive then distilled water.

Also after adding anti-freeze/ anti-corrosion stuff to the loop I believe the gain is negated. I could be wrong about that though

how can you be "more" non-conductive. by definition, "non" is the absence of. so how can you have less of something thats not there?

Just as a heads up, distilled water is not conductive.

I've had issues with FluidXP, it looked cool and worked, but my MCP655 literally sheared the stuff. This caused the coloring to separate and coat the entire loop.

I had this exact same issue with FluidXP in my Dual setup. Man was I ticked off. That was one expensive shear factor for me. Never again! Dis Water Only!

As for thermal grease I did re-seat the block, using arctic silver. Distilled water *IS* conductive, but electricity does have a difficult time getting through. I went with FluidXP+ initially cause what it said it did, and I actually confused it with Feser One which is what I meant to get.

I'm going to experiment with diluting FluidXP+ with distilled water for the time being, probably will order some colored hoses and use Feser One.

I've also decided to add another 120 rad to the back exhaust of the case just for the hell of it.Also I'm going to order some Scyth fans, they are a few bucks, 3-pin with 40db and 110cfm, 1900rpm fans. Hopefully I'll be able to remove the 'L' connectors I have once I get a hold of some anti-kink coil, should add a nice look to the tubing as well.

As well I'm getting close to finishing the case mod(hopefully by the end of the month) and in a couple days I'll be starting a project log for it that I'll set up a link for.

Use CoreTemp.....

Also, I don't see why people love to put so many fans in their watercooled systems. At one point I had three fans in my system, two on rad, one in PSU.
Now, I'm stuck with one extra for my motherboards NB/SB/FET cooling system, and one on my video. I use ducting to keep the rest cool. In fact, I need to buy some over head sheets(clear thin plastic) to make a duct to remove the need for a fan on the chipset cooling system.

Last edited:
how can you be "more" non-conductive. by definition, "non" is the absence of. so how can you have less of something thats not there?

what I meant by that is, in theory having all the ions out of the water should make it non-conductive. However as we all know this is not accurate. The fluidxp is advertised as non-conductive but does allow for some conductivity. In several reviews (one specifically in miind) the review used each substance he was testing to power a strip of LEDs

He hooked a battery up to a wire and put the wire in the water and then ran another wire (not touching the first) to the strip of LEDs. What he found was that the LEDs lit up with water (very bright) distilled water (definately on but not bright) fluidxp (they were dull) and some industrial fluid (which didnt turn on the LEDs at all)

thus, yes my terminology was incorrect i should have simply said conductive and less conductive. But that is what i was driving at

what I meant by that is, in theory having all the ions out of the water should make it non-conductive. However as we all know this is not accurate. The fluidxp is advertised as non-conductive but does allow for some conductivity. In several reviews (one specifically in miind) the review used each substance he was testing to power a strip of LEDs

He hooked a battery up to a wire and put the wire in the water and then ran another wire (not touching the first) to the strip of LEDs. What he found was that the LEDs lit up with water (very bright) distilled water (definately on but not bright) fluidxp (they were dull) and some industrial fluid (which didnt turn on the LEDs at all)

thus, yes my terminology was incorrect i should have simply said conductive and less conductive. But that is what i was driving at

fair enough, if you have a link to that test i would like to read it. would like to see the methodology and explanation oh how adding a substance to distilled water had it become less conductivity than the distilled water alone.

there are varying degrees of conductivity, air is conductive, just not very. Conductivity, measured in Siemens, is the reciprocal of resistivity. Distilled water *IS* conductive, but not highly, not nearly as high as regular tap water.

I'm going to dilute the coolant with distilled for the time being, until I get some Feser One. Distilled or coolant or other, basically a leak is bad news. The simple task in a watercooling setup is make sure it doesn't leak.. and have lower temps than what I have. :D

there are varying degrees of conductivity, air is conductive, just not very. Conductivity, measured in Siemens, is the reciprocal of resistivity. Distilled water *IS* conductive, but not highly, not nearly as high as regular tap water.
I understand, but with the voltages we are dealing with, it is non-conductive.

I diluted the FluidXP+ as much as I could without having to tear down the loop, so now it's about 1/3 distilled and 2/3 FluidXP+ and my idle is down to 32c and load was 45c.

Back