• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RPBaskett

Hi there, I don't know if this is the right place for me to post this but I am using a Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower case and am trying to find the best setup for liquid cooling.

Thanks

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan,

I removed your email as any help would come through the forum and you do not want bots snooping it. I also removed your link to your facebook page. It appears "PC Designer" you already build water cooled PC's so, I think you are spamming the forum.

If not, please do post what you want cooled and we can help out.

I am not a spammer, I am a starting PC Designer but I have never implemented a liquid cooling system before. I am thinking the Corsair Obsidian 900D case with the Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard and an I7 Processor (aiming for 5 GHZ min) with 64 GB of DDR3 @ 3000 MHz range, 3-way SLI of GTX Titan Z GPUs and Noctua case fans, not to mention a 1 TB SSD followed by a 2 TB magnetic 10000 RPM Raptor with RAMdisk for the mobo. Now, for all of that power I will need plenty of custom liquid cooling. I want to cool the Processor, RAM, GPUs, and HDDs, combined with the noctua case fans, but as I said, I have never implemented a custom liquid cooling loop before so I suppose I am looking to find out what is a known working implementation and what is known to stay away from. Also, if you have a better suggestion for any of the listed equipment please feel free to suggest a correction.

Also, PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for parties/members interested in the idea of building an absolute monster of a PC. I am accepting donations towards the upcoming build, but donations are not what I am after. I am after knowledge and people that have it. PLEASE if you are interested in volunteering your knowledge for this project please PM me. Volunteering is FREE of charge with the only cost being a short interview with you before you are part of the project officially. I simply have a desire to build a PC as big and as bad as possible. Apart from any donations I will be paying for all parts and make enough money right now to keep the progress going. I know how to do pretty much everything except for implementation of the liquid cooling systems so I am putting a specific focus on that. If you are interested in being part of the project please PM me here. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case welcome!! :)

Well, you have lofty, massive overkill goals, LOL! Let's see here...

1. Unless you are extreme cooling (meaning sub ambient/Dry Ice, LN2) there is no need for such a motherboard. You can use a great motherboard costing hundreds less
2. It is not likely in the least to reach a 5Ghz stable overclock on the 4930K or 4960K... not even under water. You need to win the silicon lottery to reach that 24/7 stable..(not happening with sane voltages).
3. Why 3 Titan Z's? First, you can't do that in SLI (quad SLI is possible so 2 of those cards). Second, are you pushing multiple 4K monitors or something? That is just overkill defined friend.
4. 1 TB SSD is HUGE...
5. 64GB is also massive overkill unless you know you can use it. 32GB is overkill, but with a ramdisk, is still plenty.
6. Cooling the ram and HDD's is useless. It is very restrictive and gains nothing performance wise. I wouldn't do it.

All that out of the way, if you insist on building this monstrosity, go for it, but it is a monumental waste of cash to me. What is the actual use for this machine by the way? Perhaps if you list its suggested uses, we can build something a bit more appropriate for you. :)

As far as the water cooling... check out the sticky threads we have which will help you gain the knowledge you need to start on your water cooling adventure.

Also, PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for parties/members interested in the idea of building an absolute monster of a PC. I am accepting donations towards the upcoming build, but donations are not what I am after. I am after knowledge and people that have it. PLEASE if you are interested in volunteering your knowledge for this project please PM me. Volunteering is FREE of charge with the only cost being a short interview with you before you are part of the project officially. I simply have a desire to build a PC as big and as bad as possible. Apart from any donations I will be paying for all parts and make enough money right now to keep the progress going. I know how to do pretty much everything except for implementation of the liquid cooling systems so I am putting a specific focus on that.
Please read your PM... ;)

One thing I took away from this post is building this over time... when do you expect to have this come together? It may be best to wait or buy certain parts now (say case/PSU, etc) while leaving others for later (GPU/CPU/mobo) depending on how long you plan on taking to get all the parts together.

We are more than willing to help you out with the build, but do it in PUBLIC. I am sure that a lot of people would like to see this happen and help in the forums, but it should be in PUBLIC.

Last edited:
So I have to have an interview with you before I can volunteer (free of charge :)) for this project, to which I can donate my monies....

That sounds great!

Back