• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List your BF3 hardware here - Are you ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i feel embaresed posting this but my sig also.

ps: i also want to add that what i loose in performance ill make up for in quality ;) pow pow

I would think so as long as the game scales well with Crossfire. because the 6950 is one of the recommended cards so 2 of them should run great.

EDIT: I just realized i may have missed the sarcasm...

Last edited:
I would think so as long as the game scales well with Crossfire. because the 6950 is one of the recommended cards so 2 of them should run great.

EDIT: I just realized i may have missed the sarcasm...

Nah I'm being serious. I had issues in the beta...I'm assuming it's driver related though.

i heard that both Nvidia and AMD have already released there official BF3 drivers and again as long as the game scales with cross fire i bet you'll be fine and from what iv been reading the game is well polished and seems to be well optimized.

Just a reminder...

The "Ultra" settings didn't do anytihng in the Beta... They were there as a selection, but didn't actually do anything. The highest you actually got was High. (Or whatever was below Ultra... I can't remember now.)

So we all may be in for a pleasant suprise on release day!

Also... My rig is in my sig.

I'm just hoping my CPU won't be holding me back. The other day i was talking to a friend of mine who just got a copy of The Witcher 2. Which graphically is amazing I was telling him that Uber sampling (which is a graphics option in the game) is a GPU killer Told him it drops my FPS down to 20 - 25 FPS he was getting a beautiful 40-50 FPS using a GTX 570.

The only difference between his setup and mine? an I7 2600K @ 3.7 its starting to make me nervous I didn't have any issues in the beta but as we know destruction wasn't on and if its true that the ultra graphics options did nothing than I could be a very sad Dancer.

You can run two bridges just fine, there's no reason not to. I've read (no source, can't remember where I read it) that having both bridges connected can help increase the max bandwidth between the two cards, but you won't notice any significant change. I mean, why not just have both connected?

Edit: Where the heck did that last post go?!? The one about the CF/SLI bridges?

I'm just hoping my CPU won't be holding me back. The other day i was talking to a friend of mine who just got a copy of The Witcher 2. Which graphically is amazing I was telling him that Uber sampling (which is a graphics option in the game) is a GPU killer Told him it drops my FPS down to 20 - 25 FPS he was getting a beautiful 40-50 FPS using a GTX 570.

The only difference between his setup and mine? an I7 2600K @ 3.7 its starting to make me nervous I didn't have any issues in the beta but as we know destruction wasn't on and if its true that the ultra graphics options did nothing than I could be a very sad Dancer.

The CPU won't hold you back. At 4.2Ghz our CPU can perform a little better than a stock 2500K, but of course a highly OC'd 2500K will blow our CPU out of the water. But you will be fine.

I got a 15-20 FPS bump in Metro 2033 going from 3.2 to 4.2Ghz. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Yea it is just seeing that kind of jump makes me think about going to the dark side... O.O but also during the beta my cpu never hit 80% usage im thinking it takes advantage of the extra threads.

Yea it is just seeing that kind of jump makes me think about going to the dark side... O.O but also during the beta my cpu never hit 80% usage im thinking it takes advantage of the extra threads.

Idk though. 50 FPS on a single GTX 570 with ubersampling on... That sounds a little fishy to me, to be hones with you. A single 580 has serious trouble with ubersampling.

Idk though. 50 FPS on a single GTX 570 with ubersampling on... That sounds a little fishy to me, to be hones with you. A single 580 has serious trouble with ubersampling.

sounds about right. i was getting around 45-50 fps with ubersampling on my 570 in the beta

Back