• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading my sons pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly 2x8 would be faster. But wouldnt look as good.

He is 15. And yeah i just enjoy building them.

Put in the pcie wires and looms this morning

Attachments

• 20190430_074604.jpg
    20190430_074604.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Last of the parts for the build is one the way. I ended up getting a wd blue hdd cause it was 15 bucks cheaper, a mx 500 250gb ssd, coolmoon fans x10, then of course the pteg tubing and black fittings. Also ordered a flow meter/digital temp gauge.

Did you purchase a SSD for a OS drive? I just finished using my laptop for a week and it has HDD OS that is so slow when using everyday programs and web surfing with many tabs, what a nightmare to use. SSD is so-much better for everything moving along quickly on the PC. With a HDD the active time is at 100% anytime something needs to read or write and the hole PC grinds to a halt sometimes and that does not happen for me with a SSD.

The petg tubing, fittings, flow meter, and 240mm radiator came in, still can't put anymore together really till fans come in.

If anyone knows someone with a old maelstom v2 dual bay laying around no longer used, i need a cap fo mine. Swiftech is checking with their manufacturer but unit has reached end of life cycle and they have no spare parts

Back