• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Benching - Get Your Session on the Front Page!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Going to do some live tonight Fri. 8PM or so trying out a new 3770K well I have 2 sitting here I havent tried so....unless your in the bushes :)

Link: www.livestream.com/overclockersturnnburn

Will be on he UD5H WB , I might play with a UD3R a few cards and 930 on it for kicks as well during the day

I will now be running my Asus Formula x79 w 4x7970's and 3930K change of mind and break from the IB for a night!

I do know that this will take a huge amount of LN2 as the chip does run hot and a lot of surface area to cover, same link around 8 or so PM EST.

Set up

Asus Rampage 4 Formula X79
4x 7970
1 or 2 4GB sticks 2400 Team xtreme
Corsair 1050 w run boa and 1 card
Corsair 1200w run 3 cards

Last edited:
Well... We went till the USB ports on the REX quit working and we started getting random BSOD's due to water.

Was almost out of LN2 anyway... So I'll hammer it again one more time before I'm done with the E6300.

All in all... It wasn't a bad chip... Wasn't Epic by any means though.

Proved once again though that efficiency is king... Beat a bunch of guys with much faster clock speeds than we had on sheer efficiency.

Results on my HWBot profile... Only uploaded a few tonight. Will get the rest tomorrow.

Special thanks to Greg for letting us abuse his hardware!

Well... We went till the USB ports on the REX quit working and we started getting random BSOD's due to water.

Was almost out of LN2 anyway... So I'll hammer it again one more time before I'm done with the E6300.

All in all... It wasn't a bad chip... Wasn't Epic by any means though.

Proved once again though that efficiency is king... Beat a bunch of guys with much faster clock speeds than we had on sheer efficiency.

Results on my HWBot profile... Only uploaded a few tonight. Will get the rest tomorrow.

Special thanks to Greg for letting us abuse his hardware!

I'm glad that you got a gold out of it. I hope you can get a few more as well. I wish I could have watched. Hopefully next time you run it I will have a chance to stop by and cheer you on. Good luck on the rest of the benches if I don't catch them.

e8400 and e6750 on rampage formula.

Its like I got the worst clocking ones ever made.

Oh so it isn't the chip that I sent you, that makes me glad. The formula I believe got up to 562 (or around there) FSB.

The e6300 is good, it just needs moar cold.

I already got up to 555-fsb on it with my terrible chips on phase. I'm thinking the board should do much more with more cold.

Back to the thread topic, I will be doing a live stream tonight. I'd say maybe at 10PM EST. This thread will be updated when I go live, with the URL... I may try to do the google hangout thing instead of livestream, if I can get it working.

I should get back home around 7:30PM EST then its hardware cleanup time... I'm going to mount some nails in the garage to hang my extra boards/GPUs from so they aren't taking up every horizontal space available. Once the cleanup is done, I'll do some benching.

CPU: s775 grab bag (one of these chips I haven't ran yet, may find something when I clean up)
Mobo: Rampage Extreme

Back to the thread topic, I will be doing a live stream tonight. I'd say maybe at 10PM EST. This thread will be updated when I go live, with the URL... I may try to do the google hangout thing instead of livestream, if I can get it working.

I should get back home around 7:30PM EST then its hardware cleanup time... I'm going to mount some nails in the garage to hang my extra boards/GPUs from so they aren't taking up every horizontal space available. Once the cleanup is done, I'll do some benching.

CPU: s775 grab bag (one of these chips I haven't ran yet, may find something when I clean up)
Mobo: Rampage Extreme

Awesome. I'll stop in if I can!

Cancel my session for tonight. Getting a touch late so just going to do some additional cleaning and I'll save the last 50L of LN2 for the weekend on Ivy Bridge. The 100L is empty, so I can get a full fill on that.

Back