• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Logisys PS480X2 PSU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty sure Ed here has equipment to prevent that from happening.

220px-USCG_AFFF.JPG

I like that theory :D

Metal sided testing area outside my metal sided house, correctly wired circuit breakers, hose nearby, easy-disable mains power.

It takes a fair amount of time for something like a PSU to create a sustainable fire really, unless you're testing it on a nylon carpet that you've been sifting blackpowder with.
Really I suspect there are very few house fires that couldn't have been put out if noticed and attacked in the first 30 seconds. Don't Panic, mostly.
Basic plan is to rip the cable out of the kill-a-watt/wall/anything, once that's done odds are it'll go out quickly by itself. If not, we can move on to extinguishing it.

I a video of myself trying to blow a PSU up would be better evidence for the insurance company than me, really.

What I don't do is leave the testing area while the thing is running.

I like that theory :D

Metal sided testing area outside my metal sided house, correctly wired circuit breakers, hose nearby, easy-disable mains power.

It takes a fair amount of time for something like a PSU to create a sustainable fire really, unless you're testing it on a nylon carpet that you've been sifting blackpowder with.
Really I suspect there are very few house fires that couldn't have been put out if noticed and attacked in the first 30 seconds. Don't Panic, mostly.
Basic plan is to rip the cable out of the kill-a-watt/wall/anything, once that's done odds are it'll go out quickly by itself. If not, we can move on to extinguishing it.

I a video of myself trying to blow a PSU up would be better evidence for the insurance company than me, really.

What I don't do is leave the testing area while the thing is running.

This is what I meant, Ed has the expertise and experience to handle this. And, just in case...

:rofl:

PSUs or fire extinguishers?
PSUs because they're being used on low end hardware that doesn't stress them and hasn't died to ripple (yet, anyway).
Fire extinguishers because they probably have raw oxygen around there somewhere :D

I'm surprised that it did not explode! I remember the acrylic units that were notorious for melting. What kind of an idiot builds an acrylic (low melting point) housing anyway? A nice summary BTW, "garbage but not complete garbage". :)

Back