• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logisys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe that is a great fireworks company.

Wait, that is a PSU? No, very bad idea; don't even think about it. Absolute trash.

Pick something up in the Corsair line if you want quality. You can get their "lower end" PSU (which is much much better than the one you linked) for just a little bit more.

Id love to get Corsair, but i need something in the 480-600W range, and something like that's going to cost me 100$. Much more than id like to spend. Ill think about it.

Id love to get Corsair, but i need something in the 480-600W range, and something like that's going to cost me 100$. Much more than id like to spend. Ill think about it.
What are you going to be running where you need that much power? For comparison, I run a Phenom X4 in my server (not the cooler running Phenom II, mind you) and 17 hard drives off of a Corsair HX620. Even THAT power supply is complete overkill for that system.

Unless you are running a high overclocked quad and two high end quads, you don't need that much.

A Regor 240 or Phenom II x2 550 (both would be overclocked to 3.6 - 3.8 GHZ) Radeon 4870, two old Sata hard drives, 4 120mm fans, 1 140mm fan.

Now i can afford the 450W, but I'm not sure if it can support the specs above.

A Regor 240 or Phenom II x2 550 (both would be overclocked to 3.6 - 3.8 GHZ) Radeon 4870, two old Sata hard drives, 4 120mm fans, 1 140mm fan.

Now i can afford the 450W, but I'm not sure if it can support the specs above.
I don't know how much power that CPU takes, but I would use the PSU with that hardware.

Alright ill give the 450W a go and see how things go. Thanks much.

Also.. Exodus of Thorium Brotherhood?

I believe that is a great fireworks company.

Wait, that is a PSU? No, very bad idea; don't even think about it. Absolute trash.

Pick something up in the Corsair line if you want quality. You can get their "lower end" PSU (which is much much better than the one you linked) for just a little bit more.

:clap:

Just to give you a little bit more confidence, the Intel rig in my sig (pre water cooling) was running on a Corsair VX450, happily Folding@Home for a year on both the CPU & GPU. It still works fine, I just had the urge to redo my cable management and got the TX650 to do so.

That is the same one that claimed my system was supposed to have a 1k PSU. Don't trust it -_-

That calc is a good base to start from, but it's not the all-knowing reference lots of people think it is. It says mine requires 475W...the VX450 didn't seem to break a sweat. Granted, it's a better PSU than it's rated at, but you'd think it would show strain after months of full load...it didn't. So either it's truly under-rated and is a little beast or it has no problem putting out its full capacity all the time. Either way, it's a win-win! :)

Can't you just use the PSU you have with some molex adapters?

Nope, i have 4 case fans, and only 4 molex. I decided on the 650W corsair for 100$ A lot more then i was going to spend, but hey, when i want to upgrade, i can :D

So the build looks as follows:
CPU: 240 Regor OC'd to 3.7GHZ
HS: Dark knight
HDD: Same hard drives as in sig
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
RAM: Same as sig
GPU: Radeon XFX 4870
PSU: Corsair 650W
Case: Antec 300

That is the same one that claimed my system was supposed to have a 1k PSU. Don't trust it -_-

Well it's a recommendation not a required wattage. Also it's considering your power supply life and efficiency, since the closer you push your PSU the lower those factors drop. I would recommend it for people that have no idea what wattage to choose.

Nope, i have 4 case fans, and only 4 molex. I decided on the 650W corsair for 100$ A lot more then i was going to spend, but hey, when i want to upgrade, i can :D

So the build looks as follows:
CPU: 240 Regor OC'd to 3.7GHZ
HS: Dark knight
HDD: Same hard drives as in sig
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
RAM: Same as sig
GPU: Radeon XFX 4870
PSU: Corsair 650W
Case: Antec 300
You have made a wise decision, congrats!

Logisys is a disaster waiting to happen. Good that you chose otherwise. Woefully inadequate on every front. I suppose the only uncertainty is what part would explode? Primary transient (if it has one), bridge rectifier, switching transistors or the entire secondary side filtering? :)

Back