• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Z-640 6.1 Speakers - 46.94, FREE SHIPPING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got my set in yesterday... like pinky said that sub is loud... the sound is great even on 3.1 (front speakrs and the sub) But when all 5 speakrs and the sub are in action they are awsome! I've been playing UT2k4 online and have been hearing sounds that I never herd before. Actaully improved my gaming cause I can hear bullets and vehicles comming and what direction they are comming from now. These are much better then my Cambridge Sound Works FPS2000 4.1's.

Buy them up guys and gals, you can get $200 quality sound out of a sub $50 system!!

Yep, they sound great. I got mine Wednesday after ordering them last Friday(found the deal through techbargains). They're hooked up with my soundstorm and I could not be any happier with the sound. The sub is loud, almost too loud. At night I have to keep the volume down as to not wake my brother up.

Just like Metallistar, I've been hearing sounds in games that I had never heard before. :D

I got mine the nxt day after ordering them because I live in Houston, TX and it shipped from Texas. However, I cannot seem to get digital signal to output the speakers. Anyone know if the DFI Lanparty NF2 Ultra Soundstorm chip has a digital decoder?

Last edited:
So, do you think these would smoke my 4.1 Altec Lansing ACS-54s? I have an Audigy 2. I honestly don't know what I'd do with my old speakers if I bought these.

aldamon said:
So, do you think these would smoke my 4.1 Altec Lansing ACS-54s? I have an Audigy 2. I honestly don't know what I'd do with my old speakers if I bought these.

I think if you take a look at the Specs for the Z640 you will see they are a little better speaker then the Altec Lansings.

I dont know about smoking those Altec Lansings but these a some darn nice speakers for the shipped price.

Snowus

snowus said:

I think if you take a look at the Specs for the Z640 you will see they are a little better speaker then the Altec Lansings.

I dont know about smoking those Altec Lansings but these a some darn nice speakers for the shipped price.

Snowus

Specs aren't everything when it comes to speakers. I sit 36" from my speakers at most, so I don't need 70W of power. I have JBLs in my living room if I want to make some noise. If the sound quality on these is suspect, then I think I'll pass. When I finally upgrade, I'll want something more than loud and boomy.

Here is what someone said on Amazon, for what it's worth:

"With the introduction of newer entry levels speakers (most notably the Logitech Z series), many people have wondered about the worth of these speakers. Certainly they are not stellar in all categories, nor would I categorize them as being super in any one. Compared to my Z-680s, they are certainly not as rich in tonal quality nor in overall dynamic range, but considering that the Z-680s cost me four times as much, and the ACS54s should not be considered a disappointment.

However its primary competition is most likely the Z-640 and Z-540 from Logitech. You can find the Z-640s for around [money] if you look hard enough, which means paying more than [money] for a ACS54 is of questionable value. The Logitech Z-640 and Z-540s definitely have a lot more low end and high end, but in my opinion their midrange is not as defined as the ACS54. There are also some other 5/6 speaker sets in the [money] price range that offer comparable value, though don't for a minute think they are up to Klipsch 5.1/Logitech Z-680/Megaworks 550D quality.

For a set of speakers that won the 3D Sound Surge Seal of Approval in May 2000 ..., I'd say they have been since outdated, though if you can find one for about [money] they do offer a decent audio experience. Won't likely get you in trouble with the neighbors, but still bags some punch.

I gave them 4 stars because I've been a satisfied owner for more than a year now, and only recently replaced them. They certainly offer much better value than the CyberAcoustic CA-4100/4400 speakers and almost certainly better than any entry level 3 piece speaker set."

Interesting point of view.

I re-ask my origional question. Anyone got a clue?

Tacoman667 said:
I got mine the next day after ordering them because I live in Houston, TX and it shipped from Texas. However, I cannot seem to get digital signal to output the speakers. Anyone know if the DFI Lanparty NF2 Ultra Soundstorm chip has a digital decoder?

Man someone remind me to stop coming to this side of the forum. I'm gonna be broke!!!

*Edit* aaaah. Price is up to $54 :(

Last edited:
Just ordered mine cant wait to get them, this is going to be my first really speakers so i am sure i will love them because i dont really have anything to compare them to.

They are back to $53.94 (shipping free in US) as mentioned about a million times above, but Newegg has these for $58.00 (plus shipping), so it still makes the amazon one a good deal. Just be advised that amazon spams and sells email to spammers, so use a cheap email account when registering. Alternatively, you can go with Monarch Computer Systems (9.54 rating). They are selling that same product for $55.00 shipped.

OR you can use the "let us know" button on amazon to tell them that justdeals.com has the lowest price who is selling theirs for $35 + shipping (they have horrible ratings though). If you do this, Amazon might do some kinda pricematch down the road.

I've had my eyes on these speakers for a while. I have some (probably 6 year old) set of 4.1 Cabridge SoundWorks speakers. They give me reasonable sound quality, but they are getting old, and I have to jiggle around the volume to get the front right speaker to work :)D), so I might pick me up a set if the price falls down the road. But a good find.

Awesome Speakers, got them 1 day after i ordered them, awesome speakers they sound great, i got a question to what way do you place your sub. THanks

Back