• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

London ON Canada :: LN2 Overclocking Event @ UnLab on UWO Campus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3oh6

unlab_hwc_party_banner-1.png

UnLondon & Hardware Canucks are proud to present the first overclocking event at the UnLab in London Ontario!

Join us on Thursday January 27, 2011 from 6PM until the cold stuff is gone at UnLondon's UnLab for an overclocking party using the latest computer hardware from Intel and ASUS.

999 Collip Circle :: Convergence Centre on UWO Campus :: London, Ontario :: click to go to google maps...

The Livestream is up for those that can't make it, check out http://www.livestream.com/unlablondon .
I will be doing some prep around 4:30PM with the benching starting around 6:30PM EST :thup:

I will be in house overclocking Intel’s latest and greatest processors using Liquid Nitrogen. Some of you may know me around here, some may not. I have been ranked in the top 10 in the world on HWBot.org, and currently fighting to keep the top Canadian overclocker spot on the Bot. I will be overclocking the latest Intel 2600K & 980X flagship processors, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme & Rampage III Extreme motherboards, an ASUS GTX580, and Corsair Dominator GTX2 memory.

There is a little bit of geek in all of us, and what is more geeky than overclocking a computer with liquid nitrogen? I will be happily answering any and all questions related to overclocking while benchmarking some of the latest hardware on the market; as well, everyone will get a chance to pour some LN2.

There will be snacks, drinks, contests, Beer Infuser demonstrations, and a host of other things to do and see. Prizes and swag have been arranged from Canada’s premier hardware review and news site Hardware Canucks.com including a Gigabyte P55A-UD6, a Corsair Vengeance 8GB kit (sponsored by Corsair), and an ASUS HD 5770 CuCore. So come out, learn a little bit about the world of extreme overclocking, have some fun, and take home some great prizes!

If you plan on joining us, please sign up at Eventbright.com here so we can get an idea on how many people are going to make it out. Feel free to ask any questions or discuss the event here.

Last edited:
looks damn fun! wish i had the money at the moment :(

always have wanted to meet you Jody! it's all in the mustache :thup:

Awesome man! Is there going to be a livestream? I would love to post a link.

Have fun.

Matt

No team on the bot huh?.......*offer him puppies or pizza...puppies or pizza*

hmmm looks cool.

looks damn fun! wish i had the money at the moment :(

always have wanted to meet you Jody! it's all in the mustache :thup:
Haha, the moustache will be on hand ;)

Awesome man! Is there going to be a livestream? I would love to post a link.

Have fun.

Matt
Yes, there will be a livestream. Just not sure if it will be on my page or the UnLabs. I will have a link for you early next week though, that would be great if you could post it.

can i come just to watch and not participate?

That is what I would be doing as well :D I think that is ok?
Absolutely, that is what it is all about. Come hang out, meet some cool people (AKA geeks), see what the UnLab is all about, win some prizes and perhaps pour some LN2 if I need a hand.

No team huh?

You know you want to Join us Jody ;)
My days of benching on a team are over, sorry. I just bench for fun now :thup:

the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme showed up today and i got to testing it through the night:

MG_9137.jpg

to avoid potential issues with phase, i managed to duct tape a loop together of stuff sitting around in boxes. yes, that is an Asetek waterblock with a diaper. the hold down fits 1155 holes almost perfectly...not sure what the hold down was for originally.

here is the first decent 32M from the setup:

32m_108_5509_1008_7-7-6-1.png

i need to get the Hypers working on the next higher ratio, although, i could insulate the DIMMs and run the memory at 6-6-5 at these clocks going sub-zero with the GTX2s. plenty of options.

This must be an impostor and not 3oh6. He seems to have copied the "::" usage and the picture style well, but as we all know, the real Jody has retired from overclocking indefinitely.

I figure he saw what we were up to and just had to start again.
Next he'll be joining our team and just benching for fun, but we get the points :chair:

As little as I actually know about the real Jody, I doubt that someone would go through all of this work to pretend to be someone. You know what I mean? I would check HWbot for any recent submissions (SB) but it seems to be down right now. :shrug:

I think G's just giving him a hard time...he does have some submissions on his accnt this year, so I think he's gettin back into it or something.

G is definitely just giving me a hard time :thup:

just playing with 01 this afternoon...the M4E is a bit of a dog. CH and Lobbies look off:

01_115241_105_5451_978_7-7-6_950_1200-1.png

hopefully a BIOS can clear that up.

Back