• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look at my 8500!!!! Wat a beaut!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OnDborder said:
Really nice...

What did you use to stick the fins on??

Arctic Alumina Epoxy, its available from many places for about $10.
Thanks for all the comments! It was well worth the amount of time making the Ramsinks and sticking everything on in perfect preportion.

And I hope to get really high Mhz, it got 290/605 stock, I could get to 300/620 but the heat overcame her;)

If anyone needs any help making a similiar project I'll be glad to lend some advice.

Here's the Ramsinks thread Look at my Homemade Ramsinks:

M_N

maximus, what were your max overclock card speeds when using stock cooling, and the max overclock speeds using watercooling?

the reason i ask is that im considering spending a considering amount of cash to watercool my card (the gpu and gpu).

also the block u have, how much did it cost after shipping, ie. what was the total cost of the block to get it shipped to the uk)?

im consdering making my own block/s, one for gpu, 2-3 for memory. i have the geforce 4 so the bga memory will need cooling on both sides of the card.

i live in the uk also (london).

wow! that is very pretty maximus, congrats on the good job!
now O/C it to heck! and get us a good score with 3dm :p

Nice, but 35 hours on the sinks? Was it really that much of a money saver, or was just for fun? I'd like to know what block you used as well. Looks PHAT!

sunama said:
maximus, what were your max overclock card speeds when using stock cooling, and the max overclock speeds using watercooling?

the reason i ask is that im considering spending a considering amount of cash to watercool my card (the gpu and gpu).

also the block u have, how much did it cost after shipping, ie. what was the total cost of the block to get it shipped to the uk)?

im consdering making my own block/s, one for gpu, 2-3 for memory. i have the geforce 4 so the bga memory will need cooling on both sides of the card.

i live in the uk also (london).

Stock I got 290/600 (No artifacts, I could hit 620 but badly artifacted).
The block cost about $35 shipped:eek: which is a mere £22.05, I think thats a great price.

Good Luck on making your blocks, do a search for "bladerunner" he's watercooled his 8500 RAM.

In response to Anfallgel's question it was to save $ but also the reward and satifaction is immense, plus you can make them look how you want them too + its fun:D

Thanks for the comments:)

M_N

Maximus Nickus said:

Stock I got 290/600 (No artifacts, I could hit 620 but badly artifacted).

ok so u went from 290/600 to 310/620 (gpu speed is what im really interested in and 20 mhz is a nice bump).

yeah i looked at bladerunner's work, and he solders his blocks together using flux. i live in a flat, and i dont have any workshop or anything like that, where i could do this sort of work.

also how long did it take for the block to arrive, from ordering to arrival time?

Last edited:
Actually that was with air:D

I haven't been able to run it yet due to my CPU dying:( but when I do I shoud get around 320/625, and with the Double Volt Mod (Memory/GPU and two voltage regulators) people have got to 350/700:eek:

It took about 4/6 days to arrive, great service I found:D
Unlike my other orders from another company, customs has it and it is taking AGEEEEES, 4weeks...and counting...

M_N:cool:

hey ive just looked at some other blocks.

there is indeed the gpu waterblock from becooling that u used.

alternatively there is the waterblock from koolance, what if i use their cpu waterblock to cool my gpu. the block im talking about ishere

i can get both blocks for about the same price. what i dont like is the idea of the koolance block restricting waterflow. i would pass the gpu water to my hard disk block and then back to the res. my maze2 block is on a separate loop.

also how did u kill your 1ghz cpu?

I prefer the Becooling block but thats my prefferance (its also Copper)

As for your Parallel system why not run the second loop to the HDD first? I mean they don't produce much heat but if its after the 8500 in the loop you could be heating it up, thats why my Northbridge will be first in my second loop as it generates less heat (not heating up the 8500).

As for my CPU well, its a long story....the Mobo shorted and knackered the CPU:(

M_N

the koolance block is also made of copper. what is appealing about your block is that it use 3/8" barbs, as opposed to 1/4" barbs that the koolance block uses. though the koolance block has been tested on cpus outputting about 100w, and it seems to do the job. im sure the nv25 (gf4 chip) doesnt produce anywhere near 100w.

btw, how did u attach the gpu block. the radeon doesnt have any holes on it, so i presume u used thermal epoxy?

Back