• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking @ AM3+ boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
and I am very disapointed. Am I missing something because I cant find one with an IGP. I have a couple of AM3 processors laying around and was thinking about a board that could move up to BD if I decided to go that way but I can not find a 9XX chipset out there with an IGP.

To be clear about something here: I do not use an add in video card where I do not need one. Integrated GFX are cooler, as quiet or quieter, more effeicent and do not take up space. I do have cards laying around and they are energy efficent slot powered cards so lets take the buying a card option off of the table right now, I want good IGP.

I will not buy another 8xx or 7xx chipset.

980G chipset boards with IGP do not support anything but AM3+ cpus and there are none of those cpus for sale yet so no 980G boards with IGP are available for sale.

The 990 variants do not have IGP so they are for sale before BD arrives since they will run AM3 cpus and AM3+ cpus; not so the 980G.

Back