• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 2x1GB set of PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reefa_Madness said:
Concentrate on the chips. This will translate into clocks and timings. It doesn't matter what they are rated at, as long as they are capable of hitting the clocks you want with timings acceptable to your needs.

If you buy sticks that are rated as PC3700, but in fact these are made with chips that are actually overclocked DDR400 rated stuff, then you may not hit the 240+ that you are looking for since these sticks are already overclocked to begin with. The Infineon BE-5 would fall into this category. While these would hold tight timings, they will most likely require the use of dividers in orde to hit the 240+ clocks. I'm not saying not to do that, just be sure that you understand this going in.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Good to know, thanks.

How about these OCZ PC4000s? They're UCCCs rated at 3-4-3-8. I found em on eBay for $190 plus $8 S&H. Good deal?

[EDIT] I ended up buying those for $210.45. Probably should have just got em new, but w/e. [/EDIT]

Last edited:
LoneWolf121188 said:
How about these OCZ PC4000s? They're UCCCs rated at 3-4-3-8. I found em on eBay for $190 plus $8 S&H. Good deal?

[EDIT] I ended up buying those for $210.45. Probably should have just got em new, but w/e. [/EDIT]

thats good stuff, ive got a 1gb strip of that and i managed 1T 3.3.2.5 at 255mhz, but whatever timing, voltage or command rate, i couldnt hit 265 stabely

Back