• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED looking for a AMD build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
paid 500 for it guy needed cash for his family.....i still have my coolermaster box and that will be my next project complete overhaul

well guys here what i got today
AMD six-core FX-6200 3.8 : new ~140$
10gb ddr3 : depand on speed/brand 50-80$
1.5 TB hard drive : brand ? ~100$
AMD Radeon hd 7570 2GB : ~75$ ( nothing for gaming IMO )
21.5 Inch AOC monitor : maybe 150$ new

Hope the GPU is a typo like earth said. I end up at ~525$ of parts if they were buyed brand new. And im generous on pricing.

Edit : You ever read any of the last 2 pages of people trying to build you something that worth it ?

needed something quick since my lappy blew up....will be working on my cooler master box
Coolermaster Box(not sure what model)
Asrock g31-m-s MOBO
Intel C2D e8200 2.66
Nvidia Geforce 6800
4GB DDR2
19 inch lcd
Thermaltake TR2 430W psu
making this one my project box

As far as cases, I have always been a fan of coolmaster case myself. Now I just finished with a build and used the Storm Trooper SGC-5000-KKN1. Real happy with it, but be warned, Its a bigger case.

The one I build last year that My Girl Friend is taking over I went with Cool Master Storm Scout. Love that case as well, The handle on top is super handy, I take my case, and blow out the dust with a very small air compressor, Like a 3 gallon job. Just be warned, if you every decide to use a air compressor, Make sure it has a oil/water trap on it, If its not there, You gonna ruin your computer.

thanks for the heads up. Gonna get my project one pc at a time starting with board and chip....and then go from there then probably get a bigger psu only got a 430w currently

Definitely don't do it that way...CPU/motherboard/GPU should be the last parts to get since they outdate the fastest.

Here is my 2 cents.I see alot of people suggesting Intel.Talk about fan boys,the topic is about an AMD build.

I just have 2 suggestions

1.FX-6300 -I just bought this 3 weeks ago.Its cheap @ 130 dollars,95w vs 125w,Overclocks easy,and can handle all your games with the right video card.I have mine oc @ 4.4g stable with 1.375v on cpu v-core.It runs at 18C Idle 46C Load..Anything over 4.4g with this cpu plan on higher voltage and temps.

2. Get this motherboard - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3.I have 3 of these motherboards.There dependable,great for overclocking,and cheap.It also has 3 year warranty.This board is best used with 1 video card,if your into dual cards,this is not your board.This has a 8+2 power phase,which helps for higher overclocks,easy bios,and will only set you back about 100 dollars.I have been playing Sleeping Dogs and Black Ops II on high settings atm.I get 60 fps,which is limited by my monitor,not cpu,and temps on cpu stay at or below 45C.This is after playing for hours.

CPU $130
MOBO $100

Now you have $770 to decided on the rest of your parts.On a side note,I own an amd 965 and a 955.Dont go that route.There good cpu's,but old technology.The FX 6300 is a great multi-tasker,oc's and performs better than a 965,and runs much cooler,Its only 30 dollars more,and well worth it.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back