• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a board to run WHS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BossBorot

I've been contemplating an AMD build due to the new 65 watt 45nm processors. They appear to fit my priority of performance per watt as this server will be on 24/7. I plan on getting a dual core due to a quad being overkill for my needs and a single core scaring me a bit for multiple computers accessing at once. Beyound that I want to keep my DDR2 if that is at all possible.

Basically I would like to know what mobo would work well with the new 65 watt dual core AM3 proccessors, have ddr2 support, and have the simplest of integrated graphics so I don't have to add my own card. Also 8 sata ports would be great although 4-6 is fine. I also won't overclock but most likely will undervolt.

Please help me I used to buy AMD only back in the day and would rather give them my money vs intel if their product competes well. Please don't make me fall back on intel as their product lineup makes much more sence to me now.

Edit: rest of the build.

corsair 750HX
7x 1.5TB drives (I am planning for 20-22 drives of this size should I need it)
3gb of ddr2 (WHS is 32-bit only)
supermicro sat2-mv8 (will add another one later if I need more drives)
intel gigabit pci card

this computer serves blu ray rips to the rest of the house over gigabit along with simple data backups for the house

Last edited:
Back