• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Looking for a free Codec so i can play MP4 in XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
easy. the exe comes with CCCP. it is physically placed in the CCCP start menu folder. So... open start menu, open the CCCP folder, it will be sitting right there. Double click and bam. it will run.

Well I played for a while with all the players.. so when I selected deinterlace Auto on VLC the DVD video was as good as CCCP, however I was vary surprised that the DVD video from cyberlink powerdvd is not as good as VLC and CCCP. I did the test by playing the same section over and over to look for jagies and blurring, you cant tell by pausing because it was fine on all.

The MP4 looked the same with both CCCP and VLC.

I did not see any difference in all the media players like classic media player for windows 95-98 and XP xp media player 11 also VLC media player.

What I really liked about CCCP is the codec plug-in, I can use the xp 11 media player for everything including DVD's so they don't have to mess with two different media players on there xp machine.

None of the DVD players fixed the split second stalls now and then, so it turned out to be the onboard video, I installed a cheap video card and that solved the problem.

I just want thank everyone for there help, it saved me allot time and aggravation.:)

no problem. I should have mentioned that the CCCP codex pack works with pretty much every video player you want to use automatically and with no user input (including VLC, because there are some formats VLC can't play natively)... but i went off on a tangent cause i don't like a software for weird reasons.

Glad the problem's solved and you're up and running!

Back