• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a LGA775 mb good for ocing sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAD450r

As the title says I have a q9550 extreme cpu and i'll have my older 7900gtx once I get my other 775 pc a new vid card.

I may use qx9650 on this board if its good for ocing. My current gigabyte GA-ep43-ds3l. i was warned not to push it so I run it pretty much stock. I was warned the board I have now has weak powersupply.

ive got a few boards here now and only the gigabyte works with both my extreme cpus. one of the mainboards is an abit fatality f190HD supports up to q9450 i read. 3rd board I have 2 of msi x48c platinum, these dont support extreme at all.

You will need to check CPU compatibility (should be fine, but always be sure), but any of the 750i/780i/790 chipsets support SLI. Not sure about P45/P35.

Only the NV based mbs can do sli (with out some magic of edditing some find on the MB and then useing special drivers)
If you are going to be benching hard I would look for a 790 so that you can use ddr3 .
I have a 780i right here it clocked my e8400 (when benching) to 4.9ghz

wow

im not planning to go that high :)

3.6 would be sweet on air. I have a nice zulman cooler on it now. I can strap a fan on side to make pushpull setup if warms up. if theres room its designed to run up to 3 fans actually. but even with just one its the largest heatsink fan I ever had. If you know of an inwin q500b full tower case. I had to dremil off the indented handle in the side panel to install it after putting this on without adding 2nd or 3rd fan
still down almost 10 degrees from the intel stock cooler

Back