• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a stand alone microphone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xterra

I am transitioning from a gaming headset to sennheiser headphones + external mic set up and was looking for standalone microphones to complement this change. I was looking at the Samson Go Mic that I would make a boom for. Any other suggestions or comments regarding external microphones or the construction of a mic boom? Thanks in advance guys!

I love my Audio-Technica AT2020USB. When it records, it produces recordings that others in the room sound identical to my voice. me, being human, have no way of verifying this (a recording always sounds different from what you hear while you speak).

I have mine on a small onstage stand with a shock mount and equipped with a pop filter. I can take pictures and provide recordings, if requested.

+1 for Audio-Technica AT2020

Quite a bit more expensive than the one you posted though. Especially if you add a stand and filter.

I love my Audio-Technica AT2020USB. When it records, it produces recordings that others in the room sound identical to my voice. me, being human, have no way of verifying this (a recording always sounds different from what you hear while you speak).

I have mine on a small onstage stand with a shock mount and equipped with a pop filter. I can take pictures and provide recordings, if requested.

I'd be very interested. I am just trying to find a "decent" stand alone mic for gaming with friends, skyping, and possible podcasting.

Back