• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for advice for fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

Hello, Looking to replace my fan controller. The one I am currently using is a NZXT Sentry LX High Performance Fan Controller (Black). Does not keep time,eats batteries. Temps off by 10+ and rpm not allows right. Would like opinions from people on what they are using and why. I did a couple of google searches and read reviews , nothing I have read has been very useful. For me cost is not a issue ,but quality is.

Thank
jshake

I have the same fan control too, i just switch to the Sunbeam RHK-EX-SV Rheobus-Extreme 5.25" 30W 6-Fan Controller Panel

electrobus-1.jpg

Because i'm running push pull on my 360mm radiator so i need this fan control, also this fan control only take 1 5.25"bay and not 2 like the NZXT
Another thing is each chanel of this fan control have 30 watt output

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-RHK-EX-SV-Rheobus-Extreme-6-Fan-Controller/dp/B001JQ3ZL0

They make it in black too. I had an ol' 4 channel years ago. Good stuff.

Don't worry about temps etc. A great fan manual controller lasts forever and is all you need. The 30 watts is a bonus so you can daisy chain fans on one knob.

They make it in black too. I had an ol' 4 channel years ago. Good stuff.

Don't worry about temps etc. A great fan manual controller lasts forever and is all you need. The 30 watts is a bonus so you can daisy chain fans on one knob.

One reason that i use this fan control is i have 6 120mm x 38mm 4000 rpm fan and i'm worry that a normal fan control with 12w per channel will not be enough for those 6 fan

I recently got a Sunbeamtech and love it .. Knobs have great resistance, looks as good as you'd expect and if you run 24/7 it lets you bypass the knobs and run the fans from a motherboard pwm signal..

Thanks to all that responded, I went to Newegg and bought the black one. I liked the price and 90% of the reviews were positive. Except a few that stated it about blew up their computer, ( I was thinking WOW Really ). I like the basic look and it will free up a slot for a usb card reader.

Back