• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for some good red LED 120mm fans.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

Looking to add a little bit of color into my case. I'm looking for some fans, 120mm, hopefully the fans themselves black, not clear like most, with some red LEDs in them. Decent performance as well, right now my case is lined with Yate Loons mediums. Noise isn't too much a factor, I have a 4890 which sounds like a blow dryer turned all the way up. If anybody has some recommendations, it'd be awesome. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200050

Bearing Type Sleeve
RPM 2000 RPM
Air Flow 74.48 CFM
Noise Level 29.28 dBA

To think of it, the air flow is great. Noise level is mid ranged, and the RPM is just perfect.
Air noise is usually caused from air rubbing on the grills, the fan itself is quiet.
But quiet'er fans=less air flow. (most of the time)

I just bought 3 of those for my antec 300, 2 front, 1 side intake fan. They wont be in till wednesday, they have some good reviews and its cheap for the price they have it for.

Last edited:

I have had ok experiences with the Coolermaster LED fans. In my experience, for a clear body fan. They do not have the strange vibrations/clicking and are typically pretty quiet. Not what they advertise though . But generally quiet.
I have had a few. One had two LED burn out after six months. Another had one burn out after a little over a year. They undervolted ok also. Of course the LED dimmed as I did so. The last one developed a slight clicking sound.
The only thing I did not like about them, but it is not an actual drawback. On Coolermaster fans. The LED are not really vibrantly bright. I would of liked to had brighter. So when I undervolted. They kept a reasonable level of light output.

Those CM fans are pretty much what I was looking for. I'll have to look into them, although I'd need 4 of them, and $80 is quite a bit to spend on 4 fans, considering I spent like $15 on 4 Yate Loons for my case >.<

let us know how well they do man iv been debating whether or not to get 11 of these...lol just cant justify that much money on fans.... i think im not gonna get the fans and save up for a monsta rad :D

I'll probably order a few of these this weekend as well. When I was installing my 4890 a week ago, I realized how nice the inside of my computer looks, but with 0 sources of light, you can't even see anything in there.

yes all for one case lol i have 2 120.3 rads sandwiched together so thats 9 fans then one intake and one exhaust

but if i get that monsta everything will change since i would be getting 140mm fans :D but i dont think im going to be getting that monsta rad any time soon since the 6core cpu's and the 5xxx cards are going to be out soon

naw never posted any pics of it since its a little under construction right now since i dont have my rad grills or my fan controller... the fans i have atm killed it i think...

Back