• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for some help :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikael28

can anyone please help me make a no microcode bios for the latest maximus xii extreme bios im really a noob at things like this and i would want anyhelp i can get by anyone or if u are even nicer u can mabye make one for me but i dont ask u to do that for me i just ask u to help me understand how to make one thanks for your time and the time u spent reading :):D:D:D

What exactly is a no microcode BIOS (one that doesn't have specific CPU support? What is your goal with such a BIOS (maybe it can be accomplished in other means)?

i heard that older microcodes are better then the new ones thats what i meant sorry so i was just woundering how i could make a older microcode for my bios

...better how? I'm not understanding what you are trying to achieve here. Better......overclocking? Better.......older CPU support? I don't think you're going to get out of it what you think, especially if you're not using sub-ambiebnt cooling methods.

What hurdle are you stuck on and want to get over with this new BIOS?

Older microcodes are sometimes better for older processors when the platform uses a couple of different generations of processors. However, in most cases, they're not better and the new BIOS includes patches for various things. In short, in 99% of cases, there is no reason to stay with old BIOS as it almost always works worse than one of the latest releases (not always the latest is the best).

Back