• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop Advice: Cloudy Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExoIceField

I'm new here but have been watercooling for some time. I'm not an expert. All of the parts in this loop are new.
My waterblocks are nickel plated. I rinsed and shook out every part then pumped liquid through them.
The radiators were filled and shaken, hot and cold. Everything seemed satisfactory.

The assembled loop passed testing. Mayhems X1 clear not uv. The loop was left to sit overnight. Ran on/off to rid air.
Clear tubing in the system is not affected. I'd say the liquid has been in there 50 hours now, 28 hours pumping.
What is this please and what do I do?
12345.jpg

Drain, flush with distilled, and fill with only distilled with a kill coil.

I would also replace the tubing with Primochill Advanced LRT, so you won't have to worry about plasticizer leaching, in future.

Thanks for the replies. The tubing is white and clear advanced lrt which was replacement tubing for pro lrt. I have nickel blocks can I use silver with this? I do have a bottle of pulse modding phn bioclear.

Last edited:
If you already have the tubing replaced with the new PrimoChill Advanced LRT than I would advise on what ATM said. Drain, flush and refill it with distilled water and purchase a kill coil.

Oooh, two cups of cloudy lemonade please :D

Please go and post that picture on mayhems thread at overclock.net the fanboys will tell you its alien wee or something :rofl:

Do as instructed... It will be fine. Thanks for the amusement at least :salute: :thup: :cool:

4569657_beertower.jpg
Mayhems... juice me! :thup:

5069e65cdbd0cb3071000ca1._w.540_h.432_s.fit_.jpg
available in a multitude of flavours :D

honestly it looked like a café soft drinks dispenser on my tablet :rofl:

Last edited:
Oooh, two cups of cloudy lemonade please :D

Please go and post that picture on mayhems thread at overclock.net the fanboys will tell you its alien wee or something :rofl:

Do as instructed... It will be fine. Thanks for the amusement at least :salute: :thup: :cool:

View attachment 155877
Mayhems... juice me! :thup:

View attachment 155878
available in a multitude of flavours :D

honestly it looked like a café soft drinks dispenser on my tablet :rofl:

:facepalm: Wrong thread bubblehead! You're looking for the humor section not the watercooling. :p

:facepalm: Wrong thread bubblehead! You're looking for the humor section not the watercooling. :p

Au contraire, mon ami... I thought it was some alternative comedy workshop when folk go "Hey everybody! watch what happens when I put THIS coolant in my loop"... cracks me up every time :D

Bobb recommends Battery top up fluid - available from auto repair outlets and garages with a finest silver coil :cool:

The current 'old' computer is still running mayhems X1 with Pro LRT. So many issues occurred with that build it has been seriously neglected riding it out until it either died or was replaced. I was given lots of fixed replacement tubing. Someone offered to replace my wasted coolant too. Isn't this sexy?

w8bbz8.jpg

I never understood why people like to put color dye into their loops, knowingly this stuffs will eventually caused problem. I can understand if you are building the computer of ART form for show only, that will look cool and your tearing it down to clean afterward. But for your daily computing use, who the hack have the times to tear it down do the cleaning every 2-3 months?. My 7 months old loop, the water still look clear like it was first filled. Use Distilled water, kill coil, pt nuke only.

^^^at mayhems site apparently you can go nine months without any issue... :rofl: should be nine hours me thinks :D

(yeah... I was dirty a few weeks ago I read the info at the mayhems site... I needed a laugh!)

I may order 10,000 tequila bottles and put distilled in with a silver kill coil... be a more honest product.

still how could 8000 fan boys be wrong? http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club :rofl:

OH yuss... they sell a cleaning product to undo the mess they create too :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I guess my post got stuck in the moderation queue. I had good customer service with the tubing and someone offered to replace wasted liquid free of charge. The build had so many problems I got sick of spending any time on it. X1 Clear + Pro LRT + Neglect = o1pAtGo.jpg

no moderation queue here... well unless lining up to grief me counts :D lol

looks like pond water in that picture. maybe its just the camera and tubing...

The res and coolant are still clear in that loop. These quality control issues have gotten me more than a few times like the faulty nickel and the faulty en nickel. That computer is on death row used until it died or got replaced. I've taken things apart far too many times, the case is the worst I've owned.

The clouding problem has been a long term issue. I always think "Okay, Maybe it was the UV Smurf blue premix, the two bottles were a different color, I'll try clear!!!" I will post in the coolant owners thread in a polite manner and just see what is said, once I get the coolant out of my loop.

Last edited:
well there`s enough people in the coolant thread that claim to have no issue. I will say its a younger less experienced crowd that tends to draw to that forum though.
based on the fact that complicated questions go unanswered for days or weeks (unlike like here :D ) and they seem to make threads about mutual owners clubs like crazy. It all detracts from hard science mostly.

I must admit I will be curious to see the response to coolant over at OCN. seems a thread born out of self promotion to me :) it wouldn't be allowed here.

Right now my loop has been rebuilt. That cloudy stuff slimed my res and all my fittings were plasticizer sludged. Halfords water is in the loop now, at 50 hours everything is clear. I believe that Mayhems coolant strips Advanced LRT tubing.

Sg6yVUcl.jpg

Last edited:
Back