• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop sequence and rad orientation advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skipper01

Hello Everybody

I'm back into watercooling after a few years of absence and i need some advice on how to set up my loop sequence and the orientation of one of the rads, i want to cool a core i7 950 130 TDP (not overclocked for now), i know i have some old components but it's what i can manage for now:

1 XSPC RS120 Radiator with 1 original 120 fan from XSPC kit.
1 120 Radiator from a busted corsair H60 with 1 SP120 Fan (corsair)
1 XSPC Delta V3 CPU Waterblock (acetal),
1 New XSPC ION Pump/Res.
6 original G1/4 compression fittings 8mm ID, 10mm OD
Tubbing.

The only available locations for the rads are, one in the the back of my case below my power supply and one in the front but this one has to be secured sideways (barbs on the side instead of top or bottom), I have an old not mounting friendly Ultra E-Torque case with not much space. Besides my ambient temps are way too high, 30° C and up.

I have 2 ideas and i would like to know your opinions on them, if they are ok, which is the best or is there other sequence best suited for my loop, is it ok for me to mount the front rad sideways?

Rad 1 will always be the one on the back of the case due to the orientation of the pump outlet and the placement i have for it.

Idea 1

Pump --> CPU Block --> Rad 1 (back) --> Rad 2 (front)--> Pump

Idea 2

Pump --> Rad 1 (back) --> CPU Block --> Rad 2 (front) --> Pump

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Best Regards

Skipper

:welcome: to OCFs!

Loop order doesn't matter as long as the reservoir is before the pump naturally feeding it. Your loop will reach an equilibrium say after 30 mins.

Have you read up on our watercooling stickies on the maintenance involved?

:welcome: to OCFs!

Loop order doesn't matter as long as the reservoir is before the pump naturally feeding it. Your loop will reach an equilibrium say after 30 mins.

Have you read up on our watercooling stickies on the maintenance involved?

Thanks for your reply, i have read the stickies, what do you think about orienting my front rad sideways? It's the only mounting option i have right now.

You should be fine. Just try and have the reservoir at a elevated level to capture the air bubbles from the loop.

Go with the best and cleanest route possible and cable management for case air flow. Use and or get some angled fittings if you have too.

Back