• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost access to NAS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I have a 5TB USB drive attached to my router which I use for backup of the three computers that share the LAN.

In Windows 10 File Explorer I can see the device icon in the network device tree but I can no longer open that folder see the contents of the drive. I used to be able to do this.

A few months ago I created a homegroup for our computers. We need to access a common Keepass database stored on one of the computers. Would creating a homegroup be causing the problem with not being able see the contents of the network drive?

I know the drive itself is functioning properly. If I connect it directly to a computer I can read it's contents just fine. And I don't think the issue is with the USB function on the router as when I plug the usb cable into the router the drive spins up normally.

Any ideas why I can no longer view the contents of the drive over the network? Sharing is turned on.

Attachments

• TP-Share.PNG
    TP-Share.PNG
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
Never mind. Just needed to power cycle the router and I can see it now. Duh! Should have tried that earlier.

Back