• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost mouse & keyboard drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thehunt78

Registered
I just set up a new build with Asus P8Z77-V mobo and windows 7. Not knowing better I tryed to install Al Suite from Asus and it didn't install correctly. I now know it's a common problem with that. Anyway it was giving me error codes and I could not uninstall all of its files. So I then used AutoRun to delete the files. Well I must have deleted something I shouldn't have because now my mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows. They do work in bios and I set bios to defaults. I also started in safemode but nothing. I tried a PS wired keyboard and still nothing. Since its new I have no back-up or recovery disk. I can't even install a disk because I can't click run. The only thing I can think to do is disconnect everything from mobo even the battery then reconnect and see what happens. If all else fails I guess I'll have to format everything and start a clean install again. Any suggestions before I start from scratch?

Last edited:
Can you try booting from your Win 7 DVD and see if the mouse / keyboard work there? Maybe you can find there any options to reinstall drivers or repair them?

Just tried that. It let me do one system repair which didn't work now it won't let me do anymore because it thinks it's rebooting itself. I'm just going to format it and start over. Thank all you people for the help I'll be in touch again if I get hung up or if it works great to show my sys specs.

Good luck then! Was my only hope to avoid a fresh install however if you have recent back ups it ain't that bad. If something like that went wrong (drivers in generel) i always prefer starting from square one instead of tweaking until it (apparantly) runs again.

Back