• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loud fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carnil

I'm looking for some cheap, loud 80mm case fans. These aren't going to be for serious cooling, but so I can scare people with how loud my computer is. Any suggestions?

LMAO!!!

If loud computer fans scare them, I bet the old "popping a paper bag behind their head" trick would make them drop over dead of a heart attack.

And if you want noise, get a smaller fan like a 30mm CD-RW fan, and duct it into a kazoo. Or a harmonica. Tell them that is the sound wind makes as it approaches Mach 1.

BHD

do what i am going to do this week. replace all 5 of my case fans with vantec tornados! actually it's 4 case fans plus 1 cpu fan.

:D

noise is not as issue with me. hehe.

I have 3 30cfm fans with a 20cfm case fan and the noise sometime gets to me. I would hate to hear what 4 56cfm fans sound like, let alone 4 82cfm fans.

rustymaitland said:
do what i am going to do this week. replace all 5 of my case fans with vantec tornados! actually it's 4 case fans plus 1 cpu fan.

:D

noise is not as issue with me. hehe.

Ugh, I guess you don't value your hearing either :rolleyes: One tornado on my HS was too much for me until I get a fanbus.

I've thought about getting a bunch of tornados and fillin up on them, i have 10 80mm fan slots in my case...10 tornados? :D And I do have a rheobus that goes from 12-4 volts, can a tornado operate at 4v and how loud are they at low volteges like that?

the volcano 6Cu+ comes with a 7000 rpm 60mm fan

BaldHeadedDork said:
LMAO!!!

If loud computer fans scare them, I bet the old "popping a paper bag behind their head" trick would make them drop over dead of a heart attack.

And if you want noise, get a smaller fan like a 30mm CD-RW fan, and duct it into a kazoo. Or a harmonica. Tell them that is the sound wind makes as it approaches Mach 1.

BHD

LOL :) :p :D

Kintaro Oe said:
the volcano 6Cu+ comes with a 7000 rpm 60mm fan

LOL :) :p :D

i took my old delta black label screamer and mounted it on top of my 6cu+ hs and it works like a charm. nothing like making a decent hs into a even better one! :D

I actually turned off my system lastnight like 40 minutes before goign to sleep.. MY GOD is that thing a noise maker. I never realized how loud it was before now.. now I want a silent PC.

yeah well i have had the case sides off both my boxes for the last few days. i admit...the the condo gets quiet when they are not on but at least i know that everything is working lol!

;)

Back