• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

love my m3a78

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.max-amd

this thing overclocks so well for a 80$ mobo got a 2.8ghz athlon at 3.4ghz benching stable and 3.2ghz 24/7 stable
getting a 940be and will post results soon

I've had a similar set up running for a couple weeks now and it has to be about the best bang for you buck, while being somewhat futureproof. My only problem with the motherboard is the sata plugs. They are vertical and right next to the memory which blocks me from using the memory cooler that came with my memory. Not too big a deal but the chrome cooler with blue fans would have looked neat in the skeleton case.

Antec Skeleton case
Raidmax Volcano 630 Watt PSU
ASUS M3A78-CM
OCZ Platinum 2x2gb ddr2 1066
Phenom II x4 940 Black Edition
Diamond 4870 1gb ddr5
HP Lightscribe sata dvd burner
XBox HD DVD add on drive
2 x 37 gb Raptors 10,000 rpm
1 200 gb Maxtor 7200rpm
XP Home until Win 7 comes out, then i'll dual boot
Pioneer HDMI Receiver
Sony 55" 1080p tv

Last edited:
this thing overclocks so well for a 80$ mobo got a 2.8ghz athlon at 3.4ghz benching stable and 3.2ghz 24/7 stable
getting a 940be and will post results soon

Mr. max,

Haven't heard from you lately. Did you get your system reinstalled in your new case with your sunbeam cpu cooler? Give us a update.

lol sorry yea im back....got my 940be to 3.4ghz stable.....but i didnt want to add volts
i had it at 3.6ghz stable with an extra 50mv
i dont see a reason for 4ghz quads at the moment

Jsut want to say that I got around the sata socket problem by using 90 degree sata connectors.
I have no problem fitting my Evga 280 GTX! I use 4 of six sata connectors.
I also like my M3a78 and have had no problems with it.

Hi Mr. Max. Can you please give me some of your experience in how you OC'd to 3.4Ghz on the m3a78-cm board? I'm kinda getting a really hard time getting past my 3.08 GHz OC. Thanks a lot.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
AMD Athlon X2 7850 BE 2.8 OC @ 3.08GHz, Gigabyte XPower Cooler, ASUS M3A780-CM , 6GB DDR2 Kingston 6-6-6-12-24 2T 800Mhz, Primary HDD WD Caviar Black 640GB SS, Secondary HDD 1.5TB WD Caviar Green, Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 VaporX OC @ 920/1325, Corsair HX 650w

:welcome: to OCF!

If you want to start your own thread in the AMD Motherboard or AMD CPU section I'm sure we can help. Just post your system specs - CPU, motherboard, RAM, video card, and PSU - along with CPU-Z screen shots (CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs) of what you have done already and I'm sure we can help ... :)

Back