• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low CPU Temps on Full load-HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GRIMHOLD

Hey guys.
Ive just started overclocking this week for the first time. Im new to this stuff.
I have a...
AMD FX-6100 Six-core 3.300Mhz.
Overclocked to 4.300Mhz. giving it 1.4000V.
I'm using the "turbo core" feature on the ASUS motherboard to overclock it through the "AMD Overdrive" program.
I've tried to disable Turbo core and overclock it. But it seems to be unstable every-time i do. So i do it through the turbo core feature.
I have 5 fans in my computer. The CPU fan has 2 built into it.(Thermaltake Frio Advanced Heatsink)
On full load the hottest temps ever get is 35-38c.
I ran Prime95 for 30mins. With 2 heat monitoring software's in the background and they were the same heat.
I've been told that its virtually impossible for my CPU to be that cool on full load with that much overclock.
So im coming here to confirm if i just have good cooling or if there is something seriously wrong?
I've been playing Planet-side 2 with it overclocked for 2 days and i haven't come across any problems.
Just way better FPS.

Last edited:
Back