• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low Fortnite FPS (4790k, 1070Ti)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

For some reason I am getting average sub 100fps on fortnite. I am on the latest drivers and neither GPU nor CPU are coming close to hitting 100% which is the most confusing to me. Very annoying that it isnt at 144hz with my hardware... other people have better results. My 4790k is at 4.8ghz and 1070ti is overclocked and performing better than stock 1080's.

Nvidia power setting is at max performance.

Did you ever get >100fps? Anything running in the background?

Not familiar with benchmarks for Fortnite, isn't it still in beta? Could just be general flakiness with certain drivers or certain HW configs.

Also exactly what CPU useage are you getting, could be FN is just one of those games that can't utilize more than say 4 threads, in which case you'll never see a load more than 50% or so.

Last edited:
It isnt surprising the cpu doesnt hit 100% when gaming... does it ever, on any game?

Your monitor....I assume its 2560x1440? Then it makes sense as that card couldn't output 144 fps at that resolution. With ultra or high settings. What settings are you running? A lot of basic info needed to help is missing here....

Edit: https://www.techspot.com/article/1557-fortnite-benchmarks/

Last edited:
Back