• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low Ripple PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah i used one of those wattage calculators and got ~450 if i ran dual 450s with a heavilly oc'd chip since i don't really run anything other then basics, i.e. no raid, case lights etc.

but for sake of quiet and efficency and not to mention the unkown requirements of future upgrades i think your right that a ~650 would be a good fit.

considering theoretical power requirements its down to the corsair 650tx vs 750tx. the price difference is inconsequential, only thing that concerns me is that the 750 is the only corsair psu that i've actually found that has gotten negative comments in reviews.

oh wait, now I see that the p5q combos with the seasonic s12 650ht making that a viable option, curse you ne.

so i guess it really between the the seasonic 650ht and the corsair 650hx, probabaly the same exact psu i would guess :-/

Last edited:
You have to ask johnnyGURU or owolf for that.

Get a es-800 and don't look back... :) $200 flown away!

well conviently silent pc reviews covered both models. they essentially both got good reviews although only the corsair was actually tested for rippple. only issue of note was they said that there was acceptable though less then expected accuracy on the 3.5 line of the seasonic and that thermal performance questionable.

best thing i found to help me make a decision was that the seasonic only has 6pin connectors for gpus while the corsair has 6/8 pin gpu plugs.

think that tips the scales for me, corsair 650tx it is.

Back