• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lowered level of OC drive..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup, i7 920! :)
I added specs in the sig.
I just don't want to start benching and beat everyone here with my rig. I'll download a few benches and see where I can take it as soon as life settles. I'm sort of in the middle of something at the moment.

What has been the issue with the OC , Temps ? Bclck ?
To test out Bclck lowest mem divider and lower your multi . You can test if your MB has any holes ( fsb range that doesnt work) and find your max bclock . Then test your ram in the same fashion . then start raising the Multi .
LOL get off Vista use @ least 7
3.9 -4 was the avg oc for those chips wan't it ?

Well, for some reason im starting to get problems at 194. Then 196 doesn't last 2 seconds in prime and 200 won't boot at all. I upped ich, oih, pll, dropped all kultis lowest and upped vtt to 1.375, even tried 1.4. then tried jumping into 205,210,215, even tried 220. I probably need to increase some volta into uneasy territory, and I don't feel it's worth it.

4ghz seemed to be up there and top over clocks would end up on 4.4 range. You need get heavier vcore once you begin closing in on 4ghz and any higher I read is a little crazy spike in volts required.

My issue is it keeps throttling as soon as it hits 80° mark, then it locks itself into 12x multi and you can't get out of it until restart. Because ht on heats up more, I could never pass prime at 3.8ghz ht on. I mean its crunching but drops into 12x and just continues crunching from there. If I disabled HT, I can hit 4hz stable without reaching those temps

Maybe to go higher I need to do like 1.5 volts vtt and it's just not healthy in my opinion.

Vista seems fine, I don't see any probs with it with my usage. I kinda like 7, but win10 is so android type stuff I hate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Once I'm ready to upgrade, I'll probably jam all the volts and go as high as it will go and when it begins to lose breath, I can safely dispose of it, knowing I have fulfilled my duty OCF style.

Back