• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LQQK! Blue Antifreeze!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoreGooder

It arrived today! Blue Antifreeze! And it's in my watercooling system right now.

I purchased it from Drivewire.com.

The details:

The blue antrifreeze is intended for VW and Audi's, and is formulated to have fewer phosphates to protect car cooling systems that have some aluminum in them. For those of use with anodized aluminum parts in our system, this could be a bonus on top of the pleasant color. It comes in 1.5Liter bottles, brand name "Pentosin", I mixed about 35% in with deionized water. $7.36. Shipping was via UPS and for me it was $6.95. For you, who knows.

Get this! It glows purple with addition of a small amount of "clear/blue" UV dye from Directron.com.

Here's a crappy pic, but you get the idea. The fluid is still a bit cloudy because it has micro bubbles from the initial startup. I'll take another one later on tonight once it clears up.

It looks like blue Koolaid! OH YEAH *crash*

Enjoy!
MoreGooder

Ok, here's a much better picture, after a few hours to let the microbubbles work their way out of the fluid.

I highly recommend this if you are interested in Blue as your theme as I am. Blue implies cold, so what better color for a water cooling system?

MoreGooder

Attachments

• mvc-006f.jpg
    mvc-006f.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,748
Kind of hard to tell in those pictures. That really bright light up top makes it kind of look like it is just normal water with a blue LED fan sitting up top being annoyingly bright lol. I am sure it looks great though!

I think what might be my problem is I am used to seeing those type of pictures in dark rooms so the glowing really stands out. Now that you mentioned it blackhabit, i looked lower and you can kinda see it glow :)

Yeah, the pics suck, as do all of my pics. My digital cam has a hard time not overexposing the lighty stuff. There's a blue cathode underneeth the back edge of the water res, and that's where most of the glow comes from. Without the light on the fluid is blue. It's not DARK blue like ink. It's light blue like Koolaid.

I suppose if one wanted to, one could add blue food coloring or the juice of a blue highlighter, but maybe that's going one step too far into the realm of silly. I might as well call it "Smurfette" or something like that.

I give this two enthusiastic thumbs up. You're results may differ.

I call this stuff BLUID instead of fluid. ;-)

Chao,
MoreGooder

Last edited:
The product is similar to Silkolene ProCCA: also contains mineral oil.

Silkolene's suggested mix ratio is ~1%, leaving mostly water, for more performance.

Do you have a part# for that site? It's hard to dig it up!

I have to bookmark that site. I just finished my w/c mod and used prestone, I would love the blue 'cause the rest of my rig is blue.

MoreGooder said:
Wow! Only 1%?! THis stuff recommends 50%.

Part number:Z8003-51261

I found this by searching their site for "Blue Coolant"

..MoreGooder

50% in a CAR!! Your watercooled PC is not a car :) Adding 5%-15% should be more than enough.

Hey peeps, this "blue antifreeze" is very very light blue. I realized that I had a tiny bit of UV clear dye in it afterall. It is not UV reactive. Sorry I didn't come back here and report my results. HOWEVER, the antifreeze is still an alternative for those not wanting to mix any other color of antifreeze with blue UV dye . I highly recommend that situation, as so far it works very well. I now have a clear UV dye running in it and it looks fantastic. Kinda milky though because I have some stains left over from Water Wetter. I don't mind really, because it stands out really well under UV. Temps are 27C idle and 34-35C fully loaded, both CPU and 9800pro are in the loop in series.

I added zerex to my system which is purplish so for the heck of it after reading of people putting highlighter in there water for uv effect I figured it would be safe to try. I added a blue highlighter to my system so the water is blue:D So if you can't track down blue radiator coolant just get zerex and add a blue highlighter.

gofastman said:
I just got my bottle of blue stuff today; later tonight I will take that staining water wetter crap out and exchange it for the new, mighty, blue German blue anticorrosive.

I hope you like it as much as I do!

Back