• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LQQK! Blue Antifreeze!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if u want orange u can use Dexcool, and if you want reddish pink u can use the GM antifreeze.

I have used it prior to my last rebuild, but my old tubes had already been stained by old Water Wetter. My latest rebuild was completed on March 11 and has only used the Pentosin. This hasn't been long enough for a judgement really. So far my new Clearflex tubing has no stains with 25% of the Pentosin. I'm very pleased with the color and the cooling performance. It also looks awesome with Clear UV dye and glows a nice brilliant blue. It will not fluoresce on its own, so UV dye is a must for eye candy.

If at some point I become aware of staining I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and post an update.

Edit:
Here's the thread for the latest rebuild I refer to above:

Linkage

Last edited:
all i have to say is clear blue uv dye sucks major a$$. i am still on a mission in finding one that doesnt fade in an hour or so.... currently ordered wildfire clear blue and seems to not work either.

Could someone take some and put it in a cup, take pics, add some dyelite, take pics with uv light and regular light. This would be cool to have blue water but its green in uv.

I found a blue alternative to the VW antifreeze. Skahtul found that there is an antifreeze made for large diesel engines that is blue. This may be easier to find in some towns that don't have a VW dealer. The antifreeze is made by Fleetguard and the part numbers are CC2820 or CC2830. The first one is ethylene glycol and the second one is propylene glycol based. The only difference that I know between the two is that propylene glycol is less toxic than ethylene glycol.

Click for pics of skahtul's system using that antifreeze.

DarkDrako,
Try the stuff Directron sells. That's what I use and it's great.

eXCeSS,
For me, the Pentosin doesn't glow green. It doesn't glow at all. Only with UV dye will it glow. I have no information to offer on the other types of blue AF.

really nice look, I got a jetta so maybe the guy who hooks me up at the service center when I take my car in can slip me a bottle =P

well i redid my setup for the Nth time and i noticed my tubes turn kinda cloudy, not as bad as the swiftech hydrx stuff, but not nearly as clear as when i first put in my tubes. so i guess it does cloud, but not as bad as the others out there.

Back