• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i RAID Card Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

Hey everyone, maybe this belongs over the home server section; we can move it if so.

I have system (in sig) that I use for a file server (among other things). Normally, it's on all the time, but recently, I've had someone staying in the room it's in, so I've been shutting it off overnight. I noticed (for the second time, I wrote the first off as a fluke by accident) when I start the computer in the morning after Start -> Shutdown the previous night, that my RAID card must not be detected, since all 4 HDDs I have on it (2 VDs/RAID 1) do not show up in my file explorer.

In the MegaRAID storage manager, I see the last notification that was made is "hibernate command received from host", which I'm assuming means the RAID card is brought down safely. I'm wondering if the 'hibernate' distinction is one possible cause of the card not coming back up with I turn the PC back on.

Side note, here's the flow:

1) Start -> Shutdown
2) Power button/boot
3) login to win 10 and notice my drives aren't there
4) Start -> Restart
5) login to win 10 and notice my drives are back

Any ideas what might be causing this? FWIW after step 3 when I try to start the MRSM, I'm not able to login and check status or anything. I only get to do that after I reboot and the drives are detected.

Maybe there's a way to bring the card back up manually from within windows after step 3.

Any ideas?

thanks folks

Back