• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lucid Virtu MVP -- Good, bad or what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marjamar

I'm building a couple of mid-range computer systems and have ordered parts. I intend on utilizing the i5-3570K's GPU along with a GTX550 si GPU using Lucid Virtu MVP. It sounds a bit to good to be true, as is most likely the case, but I would like some input on just what I can expect with MVP specifically and of course any input on the build overall is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Rodger

Here's the parts list. Active links if you wish to peruse for yourself:

I had a difficult time getting it to even enable on my system, and when I did get it working, I couldn't tell the difference. In the end, I just disabled it. Not worth the hassle.

I'm building a couple of mid-range computer systems and have ordered parts. I intend on utilizing the i5-3570K's GPU along with a GTX550 si GPU using Lucid Virtu MVP. It sounds a bit to good to be true, as is most likely the case, but I would like some input on just what I can expect with MVP specifically and of course any input on the build overall is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Rodger

Here's the parts list. Active links if you wish to peruse for yourself:

I had a difficult time getting it to even enable on my system, and when I did get it working, I couldn't tell the difference. In the end, I just disabled it. Not worth the hassle.

I have tested it extensively.

The results are generally neutral leaning to a performance increase of up to 2% in the real world. Where it does help is the video quality and frame rates when using virtu vsync.

It took me a couple tries to get it (MVP) working right, the proper settings vary by motherboard which is awkward.
In my (limited) testing it either helps a tiny bit (1FPS or less) or helps a lot and creates a lot of little stutters. It seizes up for maybe 0.1s every 1.5s. Drives me absolutely nuts.

Maybe they've fixed it by now, I was messing with it right when (well, before really) Z77 hit the market.

So far, doesn't sound too great. It's not a deal breaker, but just thought it would be nice to have working if it sorta doubled frame rates like their promo shows it does. I would have to think it may be better or worse depending on what hardware is in use like Bob mentioned.

Well, thanks for the quick replies all. I guess we'll see if I "got the right stuff", eh?

-Rodger

It took me a couple tries to get it (MVP) working right, the proper settings vary by motherboard which is awkward.
In my (limited) testing it either helps a tiny bit (1FPS or less) or helps a lot and creates a lot of little stutters. It seizes up for maybe 0.1s every 1.5s. Drives me absolutely nuts.

Maybe they've fixed it by now, I was messing with it right when (well, before really) Z77 hit the market.

Yeah I did notice the lags as well. What games did you see the boost in. In benchmarks (3dmark) I did see a big boost but this did not carry over to fraps testing.

In my testing with this (I was really hoping it was going to be worth something) I tested several games and did several benchmark loops in games like Mafia 2 and Batman Arkham City. I did some others but forget what they were.

The best results were 2-3 FPS increase. Some showed no increase.

Oh well, maybe new versions will increase it's performance. Till then it's just more junk on the motherboard disk :D

In my testing with this (I was really hoping it was going to be worth something) I tested several games and did several benchmark loops in games like Mafia 2 and Batman Arkham City. I did some others but forget what they were.

The best results were 2-3 FPS increase. Some showed no increase.

Oh well, maybe new versions will increase it's performance. Till then it's just more junk on the motherboard disk :D
I'm presuming this was the current version you used? If not, maybe still hope. My setup will not be too far from yours. Only difference of significance I see is I'll be using the ASrock extreme 3 and Evga GTX 550 ti. I guess I should have looked what the current version is. I'll do that, so you don't have to.

-Rodger

Here's the current Lucid Virtu MVP from their website:

Virtu MVP Software
2.1.115a

32 bit: (Desktop, Windows 7)
64 bit: (Desktop, Windows 7)

Release Highlights

Release date:

Aug 03, 2012
And the previous versions:

Release Highlights

Release date:

Jun 17, 2012

Release Highlights

Release date:

May 21, 2012

Release Highlights

Release date:

Mar 12, 2012
-Rodger

I'm presuming this was the current version you used? If not, maybe still hope. My setup will not be too far from yours. Only difference of significance I see is I'll be using the ASrock extreme 3 and Evga GTX 550 ti. I guess I should have looked what the current version is. I'll do that, so you don't have to.

-Rodger

It was about 2 weeks ago, but I see mine is not current. I will give it another shot :D

2.1.111.21241 is what mine says LOL

Ok, I started getting these STEAM errors

STEAM ERROR: INVALID KEY do you want to remake the key ?

So I figure it's just a glitch or OC error or some crap and resart my box and they keep popping up. This is no way to run a computer I think so I do a quick google of the error and guess what the error is tied to ???

Go ahead guess :D

Lucid MVP update, I shut it down and errors go away. Im done with it for now LOL

I'll still try it when I get this system up and running. It does look however that it's mostly for show not for go. Just read this article (http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4...th_asrock_z77_and_intel_ivy_bridge/index.html) and more or less says the same thing.

-Rodger

Yup. The only thing I have seen that are really good are the QS pass thru and the VirtuVSync. No it will not give you a boost over VS disabled. But it definitely whips up on regular VS enabled.

Back