• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M4A785TD-V EVO Telling me 4 cores are activated...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miller220

Registered
.......I'm confused.....I've got an x3 720 BE...and I turned on my pc...and it had the message ***4 Cores Activated!*** when it flashed the asus propaganda..is it even Possible to unlock the 4th core on my board? I dont think so...but..? I'm confused :shrug:

Now I'm in CPU-Z and its telling me that I have an AMD Phenom II X4, and thats its a Deneb...?

If you unlock the 4th core CPUz will tell you exactly that, that it is an X4 deneb based architecture.

Not sure what CPU it will report, I know the 550 X2 reports as a B50 X4

If you purchased the motherboard used or open box it is possible that ACC and hybrid mode was set to auto or enabled already.

I'm 100% sure I've got the x3 720 BE...but all I did was in the bios..I enabled the "unleashing" option, and I restarted the computer...and it was like TA-DAAAAAAAAa you have 4 cores! CPU-Z doesnt say its an x3 720 anymore, it says its a Phenom II X4 Processor

Gotta love fumbling aroud in the bios eh? Although HW monitor doesnt tell me temps for my proc anymore :(

Cept for CPUID HWMonitor wont show me core temps...anyone know any other good things to monitor my hardware?

Its what I was using, but it only shows the proc Temps and voltages. I was hoping for something that is more of an All in one.

And I tried CPU temps, and it didnt work either

Last edited:
Reset the bios. You pressed the start button 4. ACC unlock core. You must reset bios to show CPU temp.

wouldnt resetting the bios disable that 4th core again?

i think it would be easier to say:
enabling the 4th core causes problems with the on die temp sensor, theres probally a mobo CPU socket temp sensor you can tap into although its going to show cooler than what the actual die temp would be

Back