• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MA785GT-UD3 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gunthers

Registered
Hi, I would like to know if I could do overclocking of CPU and memory RAM with theese parts:

AMD PHENOM(tm) II X4 945 Processor 3.0GHz
KINGSTON DDR3 4GB PC1333MHZ CL9 2X2GB
HIS ATI HD4870 1Gb GDDR5
MA785GT-UD3
THERMALAKE V1 Aircooling system CPU
COOLERMASTER HAF922
and I don't think so that you will need the hard disk 1Tb

Plx comments

Give me answers, 28 view and nobody said anything. PLX

Last edited:
Of course you can. how far you get though, varies. I'm probably a little below average with my x4 620/ma785GM-us2h combo, only around 3.35Ghz at 1.425v, though it has only been 1 day so far.

Did you mean GA-MA785GT-UD3H? Is it Rev 1.0 or 1.1?

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3291&ost=others#anchor_os

You could get started the easy way by using Gigabytes "Easy Tune 6" software, it's not always the "Best" way but is usually safer for beginers!

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Utility_List.aspx

You can choose your settings manually, or pick one of the "Auto Overclock" options and let it do the hard work for you.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Utility_List.aspx

There are other utilities that you might find intresting on this page also, including@BIOS wich will help you download and update your Bios the easy way...you can try alot of the programs (They are FREE)to see if you like them

If you want to manually Overclock your motherboard, you may find this review helpfull.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-785g-motherboard,2441-12.html

What kind of Power Supply do you have? If it is low quality, you may not want to overclock your PC until you replace it with a good one!

Ok I will try what you said Solid necro, so I have to download easy tune 6 for overclocking the CPU and RAM?

it allows you to manipulate a whole bunch of settings, voltage and what not, once you enable the Advanced mode (button in upper right corner).
The good thing about easy tune is that it is windows based so if you get a lockup, you just reboot the machine and it shouldn't apply on system startup.
You should read Dolk's guide on overclocking, you should ideally lower your HTT link speed and CPU-NB ratio/speed also. Memory too if you want.

Ok I will try what you said Solid necro, so I have to download easy tune 6 for overclocking the CPU and RAM?

You do not HAVE to download it to overclock, you can overclock in BIOS screen manually as KNOW NUTTIN mentioned....like he said, you should read those Overclocking guides.

EASY TUNE 6 is just an easy way to learn Overclocking until you get good at it...if you make a mistake its just locks up Windows.

If you choose the wrong setting in the BIOS, then the PC may not start until you reset the BIOS back to stock...but BIOS overclocking is realy the BEST way, but difficult to learn when you first start.

EDIT: Your English is pretty good, Spain is a very beautiful country! if I were very rich I would love to go on a vacation there.

You do not HAVE to download it to overclock, you can overclock in BIOS screen manually as KNOW NUTTIN mentioned....like he said, you should read those Overclocking guides.

EASY TUNE 6 is just an easy way to learn Overclocking until you get good at it...if you make a mistake its just locks up Windows.

If you choose the wrong setting in the BIOS, then the PC may not start until you reset the BIOS back to stock...but BIOS overclocking is realy the BEST way, but difficult to learn when you first start.

EDIT: Your English is pretty good, Spain is a very beautiful country! if I were very rich I would love to go on a vacation there.

With my Gigabyte board, if I set something too far (which I've done plenty of times!), the board beeps continuously on the next boot, then I wait and it will reboot with default clock settings but not having changed the BIOS settings in BIOS, I'm thinking that it may have POSTED with the backup BIOS in case. In any case, the system does POST but just not on the first immediate try if a bad setting is made.

Even with easytune, i don't think all the settings are available that sometimes need to be adjusted like htt link, cpu-nb speed, voltages for them, etc.

Back