• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC: X6 1090T BE on Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 temperature problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi,
yes that’s the "classic" one. I`ve had it like this before.
But how fans are places and if the pull air in or out makes sometimes a "great" difference.
An example (sorry it is written in german, but down you can see the pictures and the table with how the temperature is) is this: Klick me. But don`t forget: It´s water cooling used here.

Back to the picture you posted. Atm I have:
One front fan which pulls air in.
One side fan (left bottom) pulling air in direction of graphic card.
Up left case one fan, which pulls air out. right of it the CPU cooler with another fan, which pushes it to the up left case fan.
One fan above the CPU cooler, which pulls air from outside to the CPU cooler.
I`ll make some photos at home so you can better imagine what I`m trying to tell you.
Actually I’m not sure with puss and pull, so I`ll add some arrows in which direction air goes.

P.s.: New graphic card added: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC, 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, full retail (11227-04-40G). Problem: his one doesn`t push/pull air out of the case, so maybe I have to change the left down fan direction?

Just so we can be clear of the why...

...why we normally ask all to get on the same page and use HWMonitor in the Free version. One really good reason it is FREE and all can use it. Plus it is not in trial version and may have some information not shown. I know HWMonitor in the trial version leaves some things out since they want you to BUY the software. Makes sense.

That said the image below should show pretty clearly why " I " would not use Speed Fan or Core Temp on my later AMD products not counting the AMD APUs.
RGone...

SpdFn_CreTmp_NoUse.jpeg

Yes, it would be helpful for you to take pictures of your present setup, outside and inside of case. Your description is hard to follow as your setup seems rather complex as far as ventilation goes. You're doing good with the English, by the way.

To simplify communication. When a fan (whether it is on the inside of the case or the outside of the case) is moving air out of the case, we call that "exhaust". When it is moving air into the case, we call that "intake". Much better than "pushing" and "pulling" as it gets right down to the net effect the fan is having on the ventilation system. The problem with "pushing" for instance is that you have to explain that the fan is either pushing air into the case or out of the case. "Exhaust" and "Intake" are more succinct terms.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Sorry I haven`t had time yesterday. I hope I have time today to make the photos.
Yes, that’s a good idea. I`ll use that for description. Thanks :)

Ok, work was hard today. Tomorrow is more to come. Maybe I can take and post pictures at weekend :/. Sorry.

When ever you get around to it. We'll be here

Back