• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowhawk109

Hey all:

I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 right now and Halo, Unreal 2K4, Battlefield 2, and FEAR all choke on it.

NEED TO UPGRADE!!!

What would you suggest? I'd like a $200 price MAX.

isn't nvidia releasing a 7600gs on the 20th or something like that. If so then I would wait for that, it would be faster than a 6800ultra and cost around 200bucks. Otherwise i would look for a used/cheap x800agp that will be a huge step up from what you are using now.

yeah AGP is the only way I can go...sorry bout taht...Ive been lookin at the 6800 GS for a while now and that may be the way I go...and Im not planning on buying a new mobo anytime soon so unless a 7600 GS comes out it will probably be a 6800.

Shadowhawk109 said:
yeah AGP is the only way I can go...sorry bout taht...Ive been lookin at the 6800 GS for a while now and that may be the way I go...and Im not planning on buying a new mobo anytime soon so unless a 7600 GS comes out it will probably be a 6800.

like I said, wait for a couple days since the 7600gs will be faster and cost less then a 6800gs.

custom90gt said:
like I said, wait for a couple days since the 7600gs will be faster and cost less then a 6800gs.

Any links on the phantom 7600gs? (not trying to sound like a jerk, just this is the first I have heard of this rumour)

Cheers.

Back